Lantra course for Quad bikes

Ye old stalker

Hi, Chaps , I need to go on a Lantra course so i can take my quad on to FC land that i stalk on, but the people that run the course need about six people on the one day course to make it worth while setting up , so i was wondering if theres anybody on the sight that would be interested in taking part, I live in derbyshire i think the course is held nr Matlock if anybody interested please get in touch Thanks ATB Paul

Paul

four of us did the course last year, and were able to do it on a farm allocated by us using our own quads. Gary Foster who takes the course came out to us and was brilliant!, despite us all being experienced operators we all learned something on the course and Garys lecturing and advice was very well put across. In all our minds it was money well spent, not just for the certification but also for the whole days tuition and learning.
I nope you get sorted with folk to do it as it is well worth while.

regards

steveM

i have done the course phone them and ask were else it is being held and just travel to one of them thats what i did.

gadget

The only problem with the LANTRA course is that the certificate only lasts for 5 years, I had to take one last year and wish I had done the cheaper version which offered a certificate of attendance and lasted forever. Plus the cheaper course was identical to the LANTRA one and was sufficient for insurance and health and saftey needs.

CD

When I did the Lantra course it was over two days, 1 day tuition and test on the second day, we got a group together
with own quads, and instructor came to us.

As already said only lasts five years, will need to do mine again later this year.

just had a look on my lantra skils identity card....no mention of expiry date!!

will dig out certificate and see what it says....and will check my tractor driving on slopes one too.

Trouble with all these bloody courses is, "Oh , sorry mate , we don't recognise that one here", Just so happens that the HSE recognise it, but they don't pay the piper, do they?

Back