BASC say shooting is on the up!

Hmmmmm.....
Someone else will get hold of those statistics and use them to prove that we're completely surrounded by an ever increasing horde of mad gunmen - a tragedy waiting to happen - etc etc etc.

Hmmmmm.....
Someone else will get hold of those statistics and use them to prove that we're completely surrounded by an ever increasing horde of mad gunmen - a tragedy waiting to happen - etc etc etc.

I thought HM Inspectorate of Constabulary had done that already in their latest report?

We are in certain high ranking policemen,s eyes as popular as a fart in a small lift.the saying is true Lies ,statistics and more damned lies.The not so civil service and goverment departments can make statistics say what they want them to say and theyl always be a percentage who believe what theyre told:banghead:

Hmmmmm.....

I was listening to LBC on the drive home yesterday and it was announced on the 5pm news. Nothing else was said, only that there are more licences in circulation now then ever before and the numbers of SGCs and FACs and total guns in private ownership were stated. Seemed to me they were either trying to make news or condition public thought.
CH

Last edited:
I think what we need is a National Firearms Awareness Day.
On this day, ALL legitimate gun owners will carry a gun for the day, in public, as they go about their normal business. All legal, as they'd be in slips, and "good reason" would be provided by virtue of the fact that they'd be taking part in an organised activity (i.e., NFAD). Rifle bolts, ammunition etc would be left at home, just to be on the safe side!
There's a public perception that all privately held firearms are owned by either "toffs" or "thugs", neither of whom rank particularly highly in the popularity stakes. On NFAD Joe public (and the media) might be surprised to find that the average gun owner is just another bloke on the street, just like himself.

Anyone care to set a date?
I think I'll write to BASC with my suggestion.

There's maybe an image problem with some people about owners of firearms amongst those that don't come into contact with them.

But I have to say of those people that do find out I have firearms, not one has said anything adverse. The overwhelming majority are very interested in talking about it, being fascinated in how, for example, a days shooting is conducted and what it entails.

Back