Calling sika

Concrete paddy

Just wondering what callers do any of you guys use for sika stags , I have the Nordic sika call , but haven't used it yet , hopefully this evening all going well ,

Little point yet anyway Paddy,the Rut is really started yet,theirs one stag in one of the woods I stalk in Wicklow doing a small bit of capering,but that's it ,its still too warm I think,it touched 18 degrees in Wicklow yesterday :eek:.

I was out Sat and Sunday in Co. Kerry, only Sika calls I heard seemed from hunters....
edi

d) use an electrical or other instrument or appliance (including recording apparatus) emitting or imitating birdcalls or the calls of wild mammals for the purpose of hunting a protected wild bird or a protected wild animal which is a mammal.

is a deer a protected mammal ?
Do you know is is illegal to use any calls in Ireland on deer manual or electronic
Wildlife Act, 1976, Section 35

Last edited:
Your time enough with the rutt going by my few years of stalking 10 to 24 of next month you will be in the full swing some areas will be early and some late it's a magic time get out and enjoy it . I, never to worried about shooting a rutting stag I enjoy the pushing and shoving and a bit of grunting along with the mewing of them

Back