Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brechin Cartie Race

Brechin Cartie Race

Drove into Brechin on the way home last night for a pitstop/ fuel and passed a sign advertising the "2015 Cartie Race".

Really made me smile to think that in todays Twitbook and Faceache age there are still hero's amongst us who get their kicks from such pastimes.

More power to their carties!

I can resist everything, except temptation.

Are you sure they're not just test driving what will be the only form of wheeled transport available to the rank and file once the SNP get their hands on the revenue from VLD and fuel duty?

They are doing it cos there is no electrickery in Brechin. Good butchers though....
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Funnily enough I was just explaining to my kids what a cartie is, have to look the race up and show them. Do they still use high Maggie wheels?

Things seem to have moved on a bit....

Just a wee bit different from what we used to make.

Ahh takes me back, still have the 9 inch scar running up the back of my thigh on to my buttock to remind me the time the front axle came off, the cartie stopped dead on the track and the bent 6 inch nail used to hold it together cut me wide open as i slid down the chassis onto the road...those were the days..

Wicksteed Park near me are doing a soapbox race next spring so me and the kids are entering one and going to build it over the winter. Should be a great way to while away the winter months in the garage, keep them off the ipads and spend some time with their boring old man!!
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Stratts - if you are looking for inspiration, Lotus have a cartie team and not a million miles away either!