Extra Info required when renewing

EMcC

Hi guys, I have just had notification to start my FC renewal procedure, it expires on January 3rd 2016.
As I am abroad in December and again 4th January I contacted the Office to enquire about the likelihood of my FC being renewed in time.
I was told there shouldn't be any problems but now to ensure the lease/permission slip not only has Deer and Fox but also to include the calibres to be used on the ground.
I'm not sure whether all Farmers are familiar with calibres, I know my Farmer friends just say they trust me to use the legally required calibre and leave it at that.
Is this something that is being introduced or is it something that was casually advised to me to help smooth my renewal process.
what do you think ?

I had a similar thing last renewal. Just put "all legal/lawful calibres" will suffice.

And rather than just mentioning "deer and fox" putting deer and AOLQ will cover all the bases for deer legal calibres and let them know you are up to speed with the current Guidance.

I have just been pointed in the direction of Form 1059 that has to be submitted with the renewal/application.
There is a section for the landowner to state the firearms to be used and on what and where, including acreage.
So the usual 'Permission to control Deer and Fox' does not seem to be acceptable.
As for AOLQ, that is always added once the primary quarry is listed, that was introduced some time ago when Boar started to appear.
I was also under the impression that there was no longer a requirement for two referees, however there so that hasn't changed.

Hampshire had this on my form, I just listed all my rifles, the whole question is irrelevant with a open certificate as other property's I shoot are not listed.

I always put on mine .
" including any other obtained ground or invitational grounds gained or used since application "
Never had it mentioned but hopefully goes somewhat to covering any invites to go shoot somewhere, and any permissions gained during life of the certificate

Paul

Just put mine I yesterday for renewal and enclosed copies of stalking leases and game shoot membership.
No other forms to complete and only names and contacts of references.
I thought that sound mods did not have to be added on renewal but I could not find anything about then on the help sheet they sent out so just put them on.
I am with Northumbria

I have seen this on a recent first application with a neighbouring force, but not on a renewal previously (and I've only just done mine - no land permissions etc. asked for).

I have also noticed on the new renewal forms it asks what security arrangements are in force for the ammunition and where is it kept.
The required from the person giving permission is quite comprehensive.
It implies that only a land owner can give permission as there is nowhere else on the form for a tenant farmer or other lease holder to sign.
It is form 1059 on the Wiltshire Police webb site.

The required from the person giving permission is quite comprehensive.
It implies that only a land owner can give permission as there is nowhere else on the form for a tenant farmer or other lease holder to sign.
It is form 1059 on the Wiltshire Police webb site.

And there's no requirement to complete that form or any other 'additional' to the application form. If there's not enough space on the mandatory Firearms Form 201 then attaching a simple covering letter can suffice if thought neccessary.

Here's BASC's stance:

"What if I’m asked to complete extra forms?

The Firearms Act 1968 states very clearly that the
application shall be in the form provided by
those Rules.
This means that the official application form (Fire
arms Form 201) is the only one you are required
to complete. The Firearms Enquiry Officer (FEO) may
ask for clarification of your answers to
questions on the form but he may not require you to
complete any other forms or ask you to get
anyone else to do so."

http://basc.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2015/01/Forms-Guide-2015.pdf

I've never been asked for extra info on renewal. The wording I use on the renewal form for my. 243 is as follows :
"For the shooting of foxes and any other legal quarry on land that I own and on land that I rent and on any other land where I have permission to shoot and which I deem suitable for the use of this calibre".

That covers all the necessary bases I think.

Hi Eddy
I put mine in the week before last for renewal I got my forms from headquarters and I did not fill in form1059 I have never seen F1059. I have just downloaded the pdf of the application form 201 online and I can't find form1059 on there either

Last edited:
Hi Eddy
I put mine in the week before last for renewal I got my forms from headquarters and I did not fill in form1059 I have never seen F1059. I have just downloaded the pdf of the application form 201 online and I can't find form1059 on there either
Hi Geordie, it's listed with all the other forms but I am sorted now anyway.

Back