Getting a lodger?

Gaothead

Are there any special requirements for FAC holders thinking of getting a lodger?

Anyone want to room in Cambridge?

Cheers
GH

No idea about a lodger but I can imagine its another check on him and if unsuitable to be in close proximity to firearms ...........!
Friend trying to buy a flat in Cambridge for the start for the new term - Gasumping isnt the word for it, Started at £250 and now at £275 and still going up. Any hints on how to buy one at the guide price ?????!!!

Hi Kes,
My advice: Take cash! Trying to buy in Cambridge at the start of term is like buying a sports car in the spring.

I guess I'm looking for someone with FAC or DBS (what used to be Criminal Records Bureau).

Cheers,

Halam

Just ask them if they mind you doing an in depth rather than basic CRB check on them , most people won't mind and you have paper proof that you checked them out

No idea about a lodger but I can imagine its another check on him and if unsuitable to be in close proximity to firearms ...........!!!

Why!?
Are you going to background check everyone who comes through the door?
my meter gets read and the guy who does it is within 6 ft of two cabinets.
Should I ask for him to complete a background check?

Assuming your security is up to snuff then there is no issue

don't start looking for reasons for the Police to need more checks!

Why!?
Are you going to background check everyone who comes through the door?
my meter gets read and the guy who does it is within 6 ft of two cabinets.
Should I ask for him to complete a background check?

Assuming your security is up to snuff then there is no issue

don't start looking for reasons for the Police to need more checks!

+1

In my opinion, I'd be asking my local licence depth. What they want you to do as they are the ones who can revoke your license, if you don't want to let them in on things then maybe basc or the like. I wouldn't be risking my license by taking advice from a forum ''no disrespect to folk but my license is precious to me so I'd want info from the people who know 100%''

In my opinion, I'd be asking my local licence depth. What they want you to do as they are the ones who can revoke your license, if you don't want to let them in on things then maybe basc or the like. I wouldn't be risking my license by taking advice from a forum ''no disrespect to folk but my license is precious to me so I'd want info from the people who know 100%''

[emoji121]
What he said
I agree why do we need to jump thru more hoops but ....
They are the ones that can remove it in a heartbeat ( licence)

There is no continuity across the board with licensing so for all you know your local force may be totally against it ....

They might take the view well your lodger ....whose he hanging around with ? What if he takes back some guy he's pally with that is untrustworthy , when your not there?

Don't jump down my neck, like I said I,disagree with all those checks etc but I wouldn't want the guy get room let out , then his feo comes,round for a check , discovers he's letting a room then goes oh hell no and licence gun and guns half hour later ...

Check first bud .

Paul

I am certainly not advocating even more checks but anyone living in your house (family) is checked, are they not? Why not a lodger, by the police ?
It isnt beyond the bounds of probablity given previous experience (Durham) so why not prepare ? The FEO I had initially advised me that boys aged 8/9 tend to get inquisitive about guns and they may be tempted if they know where your keys might be found. Catch - all maybe but worth the thought. Tends to suggest the level of potential concern about others in close proximity.

No idea about a lodger but I can imagine its another check on him and if unsuitable to be in close proximity to firearms ...........!
Friend trying to buy a flat in Cambridge for the start for the new term - Gasumping isnt the word for it, Started at £250 and now at £275 and still going up. Any hints on how to buy one at the guide price ?????!!!

My mate lives in Cambridge, with his wife and three kids, in rented accommodation, his rent was £950 a month, now been shoved up to £1400 a month, he's just been served with a sec 21, to get him out in two months, disgraceful state of affairs...

I am certainly not advocating even more checks but anyone living in your house (family) is checked, are they not? Why not a lodger, by the police ?
It isnt beyond the bounds of probablity given previous experience (Durham) so why not prepare ? The FEO I had initially advised me that boys aged 8/9 tend to get inquisitive about guns and they may be tempted if they know where your keys might be found. Catch - all maybe but worth the thought. Tends to suggest the level of potential concern about others in close proximity.

My wife wasn't checked?? if you are the only person with keys to your cabinets, then why should it matter?

My wife was asked to be present at the interview with the FEO - risk averse and simply to see we were still talking? She wasnt openly checked i.e. with our knowledge.
Re Cambridge and rents - very wealthy foreign students and parents who prefer to buy and make a profit whilst Tommy studies for his degree - win/win.
The average chap reaps the whirlwind of what that means to prices and rents and the availability of both types of property.

I don't believe other people living in the house are checked. If they were, where is the line drawn? Whenever you have another child? When someone stays the night? when you have guests round for the evening?

Other people are checked at least within my area of police scotland. I laws moved in for a while and I was asked to provide full names and dates of birth for both to allow them to be checked

Before police Scotland , tayside checked others in house for years !
Did hear that a guy had to fight for a renewal as he had hooked up with another woman , she came with a son from previous relationship and was early twenties and into everything, been lifted a lot and police had concerns that if he was in house he would possibly gain entry ....
Now this all just from folk talking , no proof but I was asked bout my now wife , when she moved in .more than 10yrs ago.
They do check

My mate has a tinder account will he have to get all his "lodgers" now vetted by the rozzers:eek:

Other people are checked at least within my area of police scotland. I laws moved in for a while and I was asked to provide full names and dates of birth for both to allow them to be checked

That's fair enough. I guess all forces are different, but how did they know your inlaws moved in?

Back