Lundhags boots problem

darkstalker

I bought a pair of lundhags boots about 10 months ago, online. It is the Syncro model. Unfortunately, over the last few outings (only used it about 20 times) I have noticed that my socks are getting wet even when I have only been out on wet grass. i contacted the dealer who told me that they are not water proof but only water resistant. I have taken excellent care of the boots with regular waxing after outings but the problem persists. Are there other Lundhags owners who have faced similar problems? I fail to understand how such a premium brand boot be so easily permeable to mild moisture and suspect that the boots might be faulty.

I just checked the Lundhag description of these boots and it states:
Syncro High features a Vibram® Traction-sole with a powerful grip as well as a stiff, durable and waterproof Cellular Rubber base with Certech® 4.0 construction.
It only claims that the base rubber is waterproof. The top will clearly get wet in long grass. I don't think they are faulty - you just didn't get the right style for your requirements?
MS
http://www.lundhags.se/product-2/16326/syncro_high

I just checked the Lundhag description of these boots and it states:
Syncro High features a Vibram® Traction-sole with a powerful grip as well as a stiff, durable and waterproof Cellular Rubber base with Certech® 4.0 construction.
It only claims that the base rubber is waterproof. The top will clearly get wet in long grass. I don't think they are faulty - you just didn't get the right style for your requirements?
MS
http://www.lundhags.se/product-2/16326/syncro_high

Very possible. But, I didn't have the problem until the last 3-4 outings. I have been in streams with no problems before.

I also have a pair of Lundhags Syncro High and don't have a problem with them and they remain waterproof. After use I wash off any mud and dirt and give the uppers and stitching a spray with Nikwax Nubuck & Suede Proof, rub in, and leave to dry.

Have you contacted Lundhags in Sweden? I understand that their customer service is reputed to be second to none - or maybe on a par with Swarovki's!

I also have a pair of Lundhags Syncro High and don't have a problem with them and they remain waterproof. After use I wash off any mud and dirt and give the uppers and stitching a spray with Nikwax Nubuck & Suede Proof, rub in, and leave to dry.

Have you contacted Lundhags in Sweden? I understand that their customer service is reputed to be second to none - or maybe on a par with Swarovki's!

I have only been in touch with the dealer who contacted Lundhags. They responded saying that they are not totally waterproof but are water resistant with the help of nickwax. Maybe I should get in touch with Lundhags myself.

Lundhags do there own boot grease ( Lundhags original Lädersmorning)or you can use, Nygammal Lädersmorning that smells a bit more of tar than the Lundhags boot grease. Make sure you rub plenty in the seams.

I was out on Saturday working the Spaniels on a duck shoot and spent a lot of time in the water and no leakage in my lundhags. Other pairs of Lundies I've had have never leaked. Greaseing them well and plenty of grease on the seams is the answer.

Here's a link to what you need to grease Lundies, LEATHER GREASE Dubbin by LUNDHAGS - Lissom + Muster

Last edited:
Have you contacted Lundhags in Sweden?

Sent them a mail and see what they answer.
I still do not understand why they don't laminate a membrane on the inside of the leather shaft, just over the seam leather/rubber. Maybe they will only sell 1 pair of boots a man for his whole life. LOL

Sent them a mail and see what they answer.
I still do not understand why they don't laminate a membrane on the inside of the leather shaft, just over the seam leather/rubber. Maybe they will only sell 1 pair of boots a man for his whole life. LOL

Because laminated layers will compromise their breathability....... you have an unlined pair of leather boots, even with the most diligent care regime you may sometimes get damp, but your feet should breathe better than if they were goretex or similar. If you want total waterproofness then goretex or similar is the way forward, but, you will sweat more in them, so yours socks may still be damp......

Used them for many years - only times I've ever had even damp socks was from sweaty feet, or the times I've gone over the top in a bog or burn.

has the OP ever actually treated them with wax?

One thought - are you tucking your laces inside the boot (moisture wicking along lace)

Plus one on the beauty of a simple layer of leather rather than membranes and padding - at least they dry out properly when they do get wet.

I had the same problem with my first pair of Lundhags l had over 15 years ago and thought they were faulty. I was advised to use the Lundhags boot grease and the problem was solved.

Back