Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harkila wellies

Harkila wellies

Decided on a change on the wellie front and got a pair of Harkila foresters yesterday.

Don't know what they'll last like, but very impressed with the fit and comfort of them so far. Good sole and a lot more support than Le Chameau.

Anybody else had a pair?

I'm on my second pair having to take the first back after the started leaking and the zip sticking failed.

Montrose Guns were unwilling to provide a refund due to the wellies being short of a year old but the new ones are so far so good.

Nice and warm and very comfortable ��

I found them great wellies for a little while until the stitching on the zip came away on both boots 4 months old!
    Contacted Uttings where I bought them from they said return them for inspection, a week later they contacted me if I wanted my money back or new boots. Got another pair sent I thought fine surely that will be it now! 3 months down the line split along the toe left boot.
    Sent back another pair got new ones in return fine I said fair play to Uttings another 5 months down the line split along the toe where it creases while walking this time the right boot!
    Contacted Uttings again and they asked if I wanted a refund and I said yes. The boots were well looked after cleaned and treated regular.
    Fair play to Uttings no quibbles at all

A man we were stalking with had his heels ripped to shreds by a bloody awful seam down the back. I didn't wear them but they felt rough. I think that pair were unfit for purpose. Aye the kept the water out, but they kept the blood in!!!!

Harkila wellies

I've had bad experiences like the above with other Harkila products since, such that I wouldn't buy again, but my Foresters are still pristine after what I think is a couple of winters of daily use. Extremely warm and comfortable, as well as completely waterproof so far, touch wood.
    Last edited by Pothunter; 10-10-2015 at 23:00.

Had Harkila and Seeland wellies both were great for a few months but soon leaked. Never again

I did look at Harkilla's when choosing a new boot & I have other stuff of theirs that I like but I ended up with Le Chameau which I wear at every opportunity (even to walk out to the garage when it's raining), quite glad now reading the feedback on the Harkilla's but I wouldn't imagine every pair have problems.

I've just bought some Arxus wellies after hearing a lot of good things about them, impressed by the quality and fit so far and I suspect will last me well

mine last 3 months, then split on both boots along the top of the toe area,

Regular Poster
    Where there are more Muntjac than you can shake a stick at
    Quote Originally Posted by traveler View Post
    Decided on a change on the wellie front
    If you buy these or the even worse Seelands use a boot jack and carefully to take your boots off. If you do toe-to-heel like we all do they'll very soon split on the heel seam.

All the best,