Thread: Swarovski CTC 30x70 Spotting Scope

Swarovski CTC 30x70 Spotting Scope

I've been offered one of these and I'm swithering about whether or not to buy - anything by Swarovski is rarely cheap. Has anyone got any experience of these, good or bad? Anything to look carefully at that before buying?
    Thanks in advance.

Nice bit of kit, I get quite a bit of use out of mine in a low land environment mostly spotting out the vehicle to check on numbers / sex etc and also to see if a stalk is worthwhile. More use whilst stalking in a highland environment. As its a draw scope its obviously not sealed (gas) so maybe look for damp / water ingress maybe?

Here's a useful video on You tube that may help.

“Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.”
    –Fred Bear -

I have one, I find I'm using it more and more, operation is simple and optical performance is what you would expect from Swarovski. Not a great deal that can go wrong with, as long as the lens are unmarked and the focus ring work you should be fine, do check from the objective end that there is no debris or mould inside. If you're ever passing through North Northumberland you're welcome to have a look through mine.

Just watched that review and pleased I went with the ctc 30 x70
    Very impressed with mine
    regards pete

Thanks for all of that, especially the youtube clip. I'll see if I can get hold of it for a reasonable price.