Zeiss conquest cap screw

Foxshot

Hi everyone, I brought a second hand zeiss conquest 6.5-20x50 with target turrets and after zeroing I managed to break one of the screws that holds the turret cap in place. Now I rang zeiss and they told me that my scope is apparantly an American import and because of this they wernt willing to supply me with an replacement screw :/ I'm all out of ideas and I can't find one anywhere. Is anybody able to help?

Foxshot, apologies for not having a simple concise answer for you but....
As a Brit and not very good at complaining, I feel however that in this case you should!

Zeiss are a premium name outfit and as such should have a commensurate level of customer service. I can't say I'd expect them to give you a replacement free but saying they're not willing to supply one at all based on its origin is outrageous. I don't care if it came via the rings of Saturn it's got their ****ing name on the side! How much can a replacement screw be???!!

I think a snot-o-gramme should be inbound mate.

(Soapbox replaces back in closet)

Good luck.

Deano

they gave me one a few years back with no issues,

must be the vat rise or new staff/management

a sad day when the cost of a screw puts the companies name in the RED.

bob.

Hi thanks for the replys, they said a replacement would be no problem if it wasn't an American import? Maybe I need to send a second email being a bit firm?

Maybe write/phone Meopta, as far as I know they built it.... and still build very similar under meopta name.
I wrote to Meopta recently and they were very good in answering.
edi

ps at the IWA show in Germany I asked at the Zeiss Stand where the conquest scope range was.... I told them the 4.5-14x50 & 6.5-20x50 were the only scopes that I would want from the zeiss range.... and I really don't have time for their Euro range.

Back