Night Vision

AlexN

Hi there folks,

So I'm in need of an NV monocular, I have NV on one of my rifles but when I'm sitting up I'm fed up waving the gun around scanning the area.

So can anyone recommend a digital NV monocular for around the £500 mark?

I use leupold quick release mounts, and I do want an NV scope on another rifle, so do I get another Yukon photon with QR mounts and use it an a spotting scope when I'm using the other rifle with the other Photon mounted on it??

Just to note I'm using the NV for foxes.

Alex

Hi there folks,

So I'm in need of an NV monocular, I have NV on one of my rifles but when I'm sitting up I'm fed up waving the gun around scanning the area.

I use leupold quick release mounts, and I do want an NV scope on another rifle, so do I get another Yukon photon with QR mounts and use it an a spotting scope when I'm using the other rifle with the other Photon mounted on it??

Alex

Join the nv forum and get a some bloke truck spotter,

Its the best thing there is, I have just built mine and my shooting budies into a lightforce lamp on a land rover replacement sunroof,

Watching bunnies out past 300 charlie out past 450'This is from the warm inside of the vehicle, no need to get out or open the window,we run the caller from inside as well, so we make a nose so that charlie looks around andwe can detect his eyes, we have also used it to drive around well known paths using the unit,

www.nightvisionforumuk.com - Login

This is the link to the post,

And it's £210 shipped or £220 with a larger screen,

If you buy one tell Dave bobjs told you about it,

Bob

Last edited:
Join the nv forum and get a some bloke truck spotter,

Its the best thing there is, I have just built mine and my shooting budies into a lightforce lamp on a land rover replacement sunroof,

Watching bunnies out past 300 charlie out past 450'This is from the warm inside of the vehicle, no need to get out or open the window,we run the caller from inside as well, so we make a nose so that charlie looks around andwe can detect his eyes, we have also used it to drive around well known paths using the unit,

www.nightvisionforumuk.com - Login

This is the link to the post,

And it's £210 shipped or £220 with a larger screen,

If you buy one tell Dave bobjs told you about it,

Bob

I'll second that!
Ive got one of the handheld spotters but it also fits on my lightforce remote handle in the truck for spotting from the vehicle

Hi there folks,

Alex

Hi Alex,

if if you want a more compact unit that sits in you're pocket then bushnell make a 6.5 x 50 monocular for about £250 and it's great for spotting.

regards Neil.

Thanks for the recommendations everyone!

Neil I'll take a look at the Bushnell one and see, but £250 sounds like a bargain!

Alex

Long shot but if you can find on the evil as a pulsar x550 they are discontinued but came with better spec , I was very lucky to get one from Phoenix on nightvision forum and he knows his onions .
Couple it with a T20 and I end up holding mine horizontally so ergonomically they are like binoculars torch one side eyepiece the other ... Comfortable and good to use .

Main thing I find with night vision is that folks pick something up ...look thru it for 30 secs then declare it rubbish , I've found that the secret is to take time to know whatever unit you have , and play with focus , eye piece focus , and various IR , and then from flood to spot etc .... Generally you find that whilst playing with all of these , all of a sudden you find the sweet spot for your eyes and what wasn't a great pic suddenly you can see further and greater detail.

Now if you could manage to stick a zero on your budget the avoid my twaddle above and buy a thermal !😂
But I'm going to have to wait before I get one of them!
Enjoy
Paul

Last edited:
Long shot but if you can find on the evil as a pulsar x550 they are discontinued but came with better spec , I was very lucky to get one from Phoenix on nightvision forum and he knows his onions .
Couple it with a T20 and I end up holding mine horizontally so ergonomically they are like binoculars torch one side eyepiece the other ... Comfortable and good to use .

Main thing I find with night vision is that folks pick something up ...look thru it for 30 secs then declare it rubbish , I've found that the secret is to take time to know whatever unit you have , and play with focus , eye piece focus , and various IR , and then from flood to spot etc .... Generally you find that whilst playing with all of these , all of a sudden you find the sweet spot for your eyes and what wasn't a great pic suddenly you can see further and greater detail.

Now if you could manage to stick a zero on your budget the avoid my twaddle above and buy a thermal !😂
But I'm going to have to wait before I get one of them!
Enjoy
Paul

The older X550 display is lower resolution than the cheaper Recon 870 I showed, both have LCD displays, the next up is then the Recon X870 with the same 640 x480 OLED eye display as the digisight rifle scopes.

Back