Howdy from Wyoming... USA

Diana

Hello all... my name is Diana Casey. My husband and I have 209 acres in northwest Wyoming, where we raise hay, mules, Highland cattle, Yak and have just purchased 2 Highland ponies. We will be going to the west coast to pick up the ponies in the middle of Nov. We hope, eventually, to raise a few Highland ponies. There are less then 100 in all of the US and ours will be the first two in the State of Wyoming.
My husband is a Gun Smith, and specializes in Antique/Obsolete firearms of 100 years or older. I do Hide prep for several Taxidermists in Cody WY.
We hunt Deer (whitetail and mule deer), Elk and Antelope and plan to use our Highlands for this as well. We also have saddle mules and Icelandics. I found your site through a google search. I am looking for a Deer stalking saddle to buy. I see two old posts (2010 and 2011). Hopefully in the next couple years, one or two more will come available. We are planning a holiday to Ireland, England and Scotland (most likely next Fall, 2016) Maybe I will find something then, but in the meantime I will keep checking in here.
I look forward to participating on your site. Thanks and Ch'ears ~ Di

Attachments

• rs Helga and her man.jpg
    rs Helga and her man.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 145
May I suggest Diana that you actually create a thread entitled "deer saddle"? I think that even at this early stage of your posting you are permitted under site rules to seek to buy something, just not sell. Wiser heads than mine will no doubt comment.
Anyway, welcome to the site. It's cold in Scotland this morning. When does the snow arrive in Wyoming?

Thank you for the insight! I posted an ad under "Hunting Equipment" about the saddle... hopefully I will get some results. Our weather this year has been unseasonably warm... which disappoints the Elk hunters. Elk stay in the high country until the snows arrive... making hunting much harder. Yesterday was down right HOT for Oct... 76 degrees F. Today is in the 60's and is supposed to stay there for a couple weeks at least. Normally our first snow hits by Oct 1st and our temps would be in the high 40's by now. Our winters can be Cold... cold... cold... for months (Oct thru April) so I am not disappointed with the extended mild temps. As far as I am concerned, Fall should last through Dec!;) Thanks again for your help ~ Di

Hi welcome from North Wales. There was a deer saddle advertsed on face book a few weeks ago . Will try and find who was selling it. Highland ponies . Get a good Fell pony.lol

Thanks everyone! I have found two saddles and will be picking them up on our visit in Sept!!! I can hardly wait. ~ Di

Back