Roe deer season

Hi guys.
How success was you roe deer season?How was the trophy quality,age,weight or any medal? If you have just see some pictures as well.. ;) :stag::tiphat:

I shot one Roe buck on my patch this season. Here's a photo of him, he is an Ashdown Forest Roe. AlexImageUploadedByTapatalk1445446003.002745.jpg

Either your photo has been stretched or that roe buck has the longest nose ever!

No you're right, it does have a very long nose, look at it now on a roe trophy shield... I could only just get it to fit!! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445457418.067755.jpg

I shot seven on my patch this season, almost all cull bucks. I'll make a final atempt on Saturday, before the season end.

WQhqAGV.jpg

wqCnygv.jpg

fdzpvxy.jpg

20srFCq.jpg

JELBht1.jpg

jNthUBs.jpg

J97P08z.jpg

Managed 15 off our wee bits this year. My dad shot a probable minimum bronze just last Tuesday but that was the best this season for us - soaking wet weight was 575g and with a few days in the boiler cupboard is levelling out at around 505g. Still a few have evaded me again this year. Below is dads buck.

View attachment 62457View attachment 62458

I managed to get this one just before the end of our Scottish season. This one has been stalked many times, had the cross hairs on three times and shot at once by my friend early on in May (complete miss). It was a long and memorable stalk which ended in me wishing I had never taken the shot. Think the chase was always more fun than seeing him laying there defeated finally.
View attachment 62459

Have had a few around but like to keep them as they have tough enough time with the fallow, but did get to take this old boy off who had been around for a few years.
IMG_0555.jpg

Scottish season is obviously now over. Took 39 beasts this year, slightly less than last year but no biggie. Would say that overall they were bigger physically and carried bigger heads.

Scottish season is obviously now over. Took 39 beasts this year, slightly less than last year but no biggie. Would say that overall they were bigger physically and carried bigger heads.

Curious - I'd say mine have been lighter with long, spindly heads (mainly Fife, but a few in the Borders).

Curious - I'd say mine have been lighter with long, spindly heads (mainly Fife, but a few in the Borders).

Don't shoot roe over the water so cant comment really. Seen a lot of big animals down here this season unfortunately not all on my grounds though !

Back