Thread: Monmouthshire Firearms Team

Monmouthshire Firearms Team

Could be moving to the county in December. Renewal due in 2017 but I am wondering what the local gendarmerie are like with firearms issues generally. Can anyone advise please. I shall be looking for my good reason locally but retaining my land up north. Will probably have a bit of land - some 30 acres which should be good reason for the .22, .17 hornet and .223 for fox but any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Monmouthshire comes under Gwent police. A few years ago I would have told you that Gwent were one of if not the worst police force in the country to deal with, but now I can quite happily inform you that they are definitely one of the better ones. They are not only pleasant and reasonable but also generally very well informed and usually extremely helpful.
    Yes we do have our slight disagreements or differences of opinion now and again, but on the whole if the shooter is sensible, reasonable and understands the law they will get the same treatment back. If on the other hand they are unreasonable or simply outrageous in their demands then they will soon hit a brick wall.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Completely agree with 8x57, I have no real dramas with Gwent Police. Problems can be easily ironed out over the phone normally.