crowdfunding a deer stalker?

goodaim, from reading you pevious posts i cant see that it seems youve had some stalking given to you in the past by a old mentor but now the mentor is unable to continue that, now you looking for a free way to continue stalking great idea but forget it it aint going to happen youve been lucky in the past and i take my hat off to you for that but honestly the best thing you can do is either get knocking on doors asking landowners or book yourself up some cheap stalking, roe does are just around the corner and outings are commonly found for £75 with no additional fee for shooting a doe. i dont want to be seen as if i running you down just trying to give you a dose of reality yes some people do get free stalking off the backs of others but the vast majority either pay or have spent years on farms taking care of foxes, rabbits and other vermin building up a trust with the land owner which then earns us the opertunity to start looking after the deer

goodaim, from reading you pevious posts i cant see that it seems youve had some stalking given to you in the past by a old mentor but now the mentor is unable to continue that, now you looking for a free way to continue stalking great idea but forget it it aint going to happen youve been lucky in the past and i take my hat off to you for that but honestly the best thing you can do is either get knocking on doors asking landowners or book yourself up some cheap stalking, roe does are just around the corner and outings are commonly found for £75 with no additional fee for shooting a doe. i dont want to be seen as if i running you down just trying to give you a dose of reality yes some people do get free stalking off the backs of others but the vast majority either pay or have spent years on farms taking care of foxes, rabbits and other vermin building up a trust with the land owner which then earns us the opertunity to start looking after the deer
I appreciate that and I'm clearly upsetting some members :/ I'm just going to use this site for reference as clearly there's a few clicky people on here

I think you may have meant Clique'?, Using the site for reference is the major part of it's members use, the rest being a place to have the Craic, not sure what your aim is, ?

I appreciate that and I'm clearly upsetting some members :/ I'm just going to use this site for reference as clearly there's a few clicky people on here

There's no clique coming in to play here. There are some very generous and well meaning people on here who might have done a lot to help you if you hadn't come in all guns blazing (no pun intended!) and tried to conquer Rome in a day. And then taken offence when the responses you got (which were good advice) weren't what you wanted.
You need to slow down and accept that this isn't going to happen overnight. If you read my response on your own thread about starting out you'll see that I've been at it just over 2 years and in that time I've made what I consider to be "good progress" in having shot 4 deer and been on probably another 4 or 5 blank outings. Save up a few quid and book a couple of outings with one of the cheaper guides (if money is an issue). As has been said above, 75 quid an outing is cracking good value.

There's no clique coming in to play here. There are some very generous and well meaning people on here who might have done a lot to help you if you hadn't come in all guns blazing (no pun intended!) and tried to conquer Rome in a day. And then taken offence when the responses you got (which were good advice) weren't what you wanted.
You need to slow down and accept that this isn't going to happen overnight. If you read my response on your own thread about starting out you'll see that I've been at it just over 2 years and in that time I've made what I consider to be "good progress" in having shot 4 deer and been on probably another 4 or 5 blank outings. Save up a few quid and book a couple of outings with one of the cheaper guides (if money is an issue). As has been said above, 75 quid an outing is cracking good value.
gonna take your advice btw your not THE SIMPLe SIMON from hello Charlie?

There's another star of fieldsports Britain around here somewhere. He's a bit more the flamboyant celebrity type. Wears a red leopard print onesie and gets up to all sorts of weird stuff... I won't say who, he knows who he is...

Back