trying to be revoked for driving without dc&a

DEAN.G

anyone have any pointers worth knowing for when i appeal this i don't think there is any grounds for it.

driving without due care and attention.

Revoke FAC? Depends on the details surely. If it's relevant.

Is this the same matter that you posted about in 2013? If so, what has happened since then? As above, it doesn't matter what our opinions are here; the most relevant advice will come from your shooting organisation or a solicitor.

Have you been convicted of DWDCA ? If you have then you have little chance of success unless you have a Very good reason for keeping your ticket (loss of job/home) DD is automatic revocation here.

Have you been convicted of DWDCA ? If you have then you have little chance of success unless you have a Very good reason for keeping your ticket (loss of job/home) DD is automatic revocation here.

Yes but DD and DWDCA are viewed differently by fld's aren't they? (I'm guessing though ax I have no direct experience of this)

yes but they only just got round to it they said they have had more important things to deal with and yes job and house are all a part of it solicitor is on with it at moment there is one or two things in home office guidelines there not sticking to that go in my favour but ill keep them for court day never know who is reeding.

Wow, sounds like it's been a nightmare - dragged out for far too long. Hope that all goes well for you.

yes but they only just got round to it they said they have had more important things to deal with and yes job and house are all a part of it solicitor is on with it at moment there is one or two things in home office guidelines there not sticking to that go in my favour but ill keep them for court day never know who is reeding.
I thought there was a time limit of 6months then they had to charge you or drop charges tom

Driving without due care and attention is (obviously) a driving offence and in of itself, I'd have thought unlikely to result in the loss of certificates. Of course any conviction will result in a referral to see whether it affects things with regard to your certificates, but I am at a loss normally to see how such a conviction would actually result in losing them.

Of course the above is very much affected by the individual circumstances. For example if the conviction is merely one thing in a list of other matters (whether convictions, cautions, fixed penalties or any other incidents or intelligence) that shows the certificate holder is of a reckless or unstable nature. Or the circumstances are such that recklessness is apparent in this conviction (you may say that a charge of reckless driving might be more appropriate, but the CPS, being the CPS may well have reduced a reckless to a due care to "cop a plea").

So, as can be seen, unless all is revealed then I, or anyone else reading this can't really comment with any authority. Especially as the OP intimates that he is not telling the whole story at the moment for probably a good reason. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out though.

If there are things you don't want to disclose on an open forum, I wouldn't of asked the question. Go get proper advice from professionals. Hope it goes well for you

I would have joined NGO, SACS, even BASC by now and taken their advice. Sounds like you need a 'gamekeeper-focused' shooting org. Any comment I might make is at best speculative and at worst unhelpful as the full details are what are needed.

i am a keeper and all of the above are involved we just need as much as we can get together to make them look stupid as i said its driving without due care and attention the same category as anyone on here or police could pick up for being on a phone or messing with there hair when driving no reckless drunken dangerous driving involved.

Yes but DD and DWDCA are viewed differently by fld's aren't they? (I'm guessing though ax I have no direct experience of this)

No. Both tend to be viewed as an indication of (lack of) responsibility and as such, a possible reflection on character. Some police forces may take a dimmer view than others, but in your shoes, it may be worth an appeal and providing as many character witnesses as possible. A decent brief should be able to overturn the decision perhaps depending on the specific circumstances outcome of the DWDCA for the other party (ie the seriousness of the incident) if indeed any other party was involved. You may be lucky and offer a decent appeal on the following basis: That reasonable doubt can be cast on the conviction on the suggestion that you can show in your specific circumstances that any other reasonable and prudent driver would have done the same or reacted in a similar way. If you cannot, then it becomes a more serious issue for the police to consider and in their view may well cast doubt on your suitability to possess firearms.

Asking opinions on a public forum though is possibly not the best way to go about it. Only you know what happened, so a discussion with a good solicitor or barrister with firearms law knowledge is by far your best bet for determining the likely outcome of an appeal and therefore whether it's worth taking to appeal. Good luck with it though.

Dean G

You do not need a solicitor at this stage, my advice is to wait until the police serve their sec 12 letter (formal notice of revocation proceedings). That then sets the time table for you to reply, if you wish to oppose the revocation

You can PM me, and I will take you through the procedure
patrickt

i am a keeper and all of the above are involved we just need as much as we can get together to make them look stupid as i said its driving without due care and attention the same category as anyone on here or police could pick up for being on a phone or messing with there hair when driving no reckless drunken dangerous driving involved.

In my (worthless) opinion you only have two options:

1) Reject the conviction.
DWDCA is effectively the cause of EVERY driving offence or accident. I was involved in a rear ending (car related before anyone chips in). Whilst the officer attending was gathering statements he said ..."we are not going to charge you with DWDCA on this occasion..." which apparently they are well within the law to do.
The decision to charge DWDCA is an individual one, not a clear cut physical of breaking of speed limit or being over a blood alcohol level.
Your lawyers should challenge that first...in my opinion.

2) If that fails ....Reject the link between DWDCA and FAC revocation.
There are no guidelines on FAC revocation due to that particular driving offence. this is again down to the individual making that decision.
Have you been banned? (argue the case for loss of earnings due to work on both DL and FAC as they are effectviely putting you into unemployment)
If not I would argue that if they have not revoked your driving license why should they revoke any other license or certification.

good luck

Dean, I would issue a few FOI requests to other force areas and see what percentage of DWDCA result in further action of the type you have been threatened with. It would be a very positive result for your case if, based on a random sample of police forces, no-one has ever been revoked for a straightforward DWDCA allegation/fine. Such data would also allow judgement between cases, if any revocations have taken place as a result
I would also check to see what level of offence a police officer has to commit to be expelled from the police force/demoted certainly DWDCA would not result in any sanction of an officer.
One situation I am aware of a pedestrian was killed during a car chase .......the officer driving was reassigned to office work for an unspecified period, if my memory serves me correctly.

Back