Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summer is officially here

Account Suspended
    Middle England

Cool Summer is officially here

Heard my first Cuckoo of the year Saturday 1st May at 10.20AM. A bit late but never mind.

At least one has managed to get past the Mediterranean types twice to go down to Africa and back. A feat in its own right.

So summers is officially here !

Then it rained most of Sunday. Bloody typical!

Have you heard one yet? When do you normally hear the first cuckoo of the year?

I heard mine on the 24th April. We always ring round the family when we hear the first one. I have an uncle who lives in Dorset who hears them first, every year. Bless him

Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Heard one on Saturday in West Sussex, first of the year. Mind you Sunday it rained and rained and blew like the devil, not very good for spotting Roe Bucks.

Not heard a cuccoo yet. I saw my first swallow on 6th April and have not seen one since.

Heard a cuckoo up in Aviemore May 2nd

Haven't heard a cuckoo yet but all the gates are being left open in the deer park and the bushes are adorned with little bags of dog ***** so it must be summer! JC

We have been covered with Swallows for about ten days now. They were four or five days later than normal this year.

Have not heard a Cuckoo for the past 5 or 6 years here in NI.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

About 3-4 weeks since I heard the first cuckoo here in West Berks (but I'd have to check my game log to be sure). One flew over my heard calling last night - don't often see them.

21st of April for me . I didn't hear at first as I was talking to much as usual , my mate did that was on Hants/wilts Border

cuckoo here north wilts