Thread: Food for thought on how you will vote

Account Suspended
    North Yorkshire

Food for thought on how you will vote

This one is a little different... Two Different Versions....
    ......... and Two Different Morals

The ant
    works hardin the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.
    The grasshopper thinksthe ant is a fooland laughs and dances and plays the summer away.
    Come winter, the ant is warm and well fed. The grasshopper has nofood or shelter, so he dies out in the cold.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Be responsible for yourself!

Theant works hard in the withering heat and the rain all summer long, building hishouse and laying up supplies for the winter. The grasshopper thinks theant is a fooland laughs and dances and plays the summer away.

Come winter, the shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and demands to know why the ant should be allowed to be warm and well fed while he is cold and starving.
    The BBC, ITN, SKY and even CNNshow up to provide pictures of the shiveringgrasshopper next to a video of the ant in his comfortable home with a table filled with food.
    All Britain as well as Human Rights and Health & Safety organisations are stunned by the sharp contrast and living conditions. How can this be, that in a country of such resources and wealth, this poor grasshopper is allowed to suffer so?

Kermit the Frog appears on
    Jeremy Paxman's programme with thegrasshopper and everybody cries when they sing, 'It's Not Easy Being Green'.
    Gordon Brown condemns the ant and blames the Conservatives, Margaret Thatcher and David Cameron for the grasshopper's plight.
    Lord Mandelson exclaims in an interview with The Guardianthat the ant has got rich off the back of the grasshopper, and both call for an immediate tax hike on the ant to make him pay his fair share whilst Ken Livinstone blames Israel .

Alistair Darling in an emergency buget drafts
    the Economic Equity & Anti-Grasshopper Actretroactive to the beginning of the summer.
    The ant is fined for failing to hire a proportionate number of green bugs and, having nothing left to pay his retrospective taxes, his home is confiscated by the Government Green Czar and given to the grasshopper.
    The story ends as we see the grasshopperand his free-loading friends finishing up the last bits of the ant's foodwhile the government house he is in, which, as you recall, just happens to be the ant's old house, crumbles around them because the grasshopper doesn't maintain it. The ant has disappeared in the snow, never to be seen again.
    The grasshopper is found dead in a drug related incident, and the house, now abandoned, is taken over by a gang of spiders who terrorise the ramshackle, once prosperous and once peaceful, neighbourhood.
    The entire Nation goes into decline helping to undermine the rest of the free world.

Be careful how you vote next Thursday.
    Are you are an ant or a grasshopper!

Velkom to the state Comrade!

Account Suspended
    North Yorkshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwrch View Post
    Don't forget, ants are social insects, living in communities with strict divisions of labour. There is no recognition of individual needs beyond those which further the success of the colony. Indeed, many biologists now consider ant colonies to be not so much collections of thousands upon thousands of individuals but rather as one single organism where each ant is considerd to be nothing more than a cell within an organ. Remind you of somewhere?

Another thought...

Vote Ant...and get Dec!!
    Bleedy Heck Im a celebrity get me out of here

Vote Nick and/or David get Ant and/or Dec!!

Welll actually I have always thought, even before the "Yes Minister programe" that the will be no changes until you change the top F/T Civil Servants as after all it's this little "Hitlers/Stalins" that actually run the country and make the real decisions.

As for demoracy well it's a sham really. They tell you may express a preference with your vote then select who you may choose from and vote for. How the hell is that democratic?

I have often wondered if voting should be made compulsory, a fine being levied if you do not? Pehaps I have recieved one too many blows to the head, but I have already voted (postal) for the only candidate who was against the Regional Spatial Stratergy and Regional Assemblys'. The Regional Assembly being a wholly appointed new layer of government forced upon us by Prescott & Blair, that great comedy duo, taking away vast swathes of power held by elected council officials.

I must now go and take my tablets, then have a lie down

Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

I suspect the ants will get scr***d whatever happens on Thursday.

I agree with ft, voting should be compulsory.

I think voting should be compulsary. I also think that you should have the right to vote for no-one (ruin your ballot paper)

But Im too young anyway yet!

"Even at the very bottom of the river, I didn't think to myself, Is this a hearty joke or the merest accident? I just thought, it's wet." - Eeyore