Thread: Atec Hertz moderator

Atec Hertz moderator

Has anyone else got one of these or know if they are entirely aluminium or have stainless baffles? I bought a Hertz 119 yesterday, which is the new replacement for the Maxim (which I had originally ordered to replace a cmm4). It's considerably larger than the maxim but nicely finished, light and seems good so far having put about a dozen rounds down it. Just wondered if anyone else has one or has much info on them - online details are a bit sparse.

Hi fella cant answer your question but wondering where you bought it from iv been after the new hertz model for a while now regards jim

Hi Jim,
    I got mine last week from Blue Fox Glade, in Devon. (A recent discovery for me - a truly excellent gun shop). As above, I ordered a Maxim, but Jackson Rifles sent a Hertz 119 instead as it replaces the discontinued Maxim.

Thanks for the reply iv heard of them , il give them a call I have the ase sl5 on my 6.5 at the moment but looking to put a hertz on it when I can find one , how do you find the sound reduction

The sound reduction seems fine (blurb says -29db on a 308win) though the rifle is new to me so I don't really have anything to compare with. I have a maxim on a heavy 24in barrel .243 and that is very effective indeed. I would hope that it's at least as good as the maxim.

Just put an order in for one for .243..see how it gets on...
    .22lr, .22lr .222, .223, .243, .270, 12g fac, 12g, 12g, 12g, 12g
    and still growing.....

After a bit more use... I am very pleased with mine. Lightweight with good sound reduction. The only thing against it is that the brushed aluminium finish seems easily marked/scratched. Though that says more about me being clumsy than anything else! A great moderator.