My Deer Trolley/ Carcass Tray.

trucraft

I thought this might be of interest to a few of you.

I've never really liked dragging deer across muddy fields at this time of year. Apart from it being hard work they look like crap by the time you get them to a dealer.

I picked up a few ex rental creates. A 135ltr is an ideal size for fallow. They're very solid and have a good lid which keeps them clean and discrete for open top pickups.

3 LARGE New Black Plastic Removal Storage Crate Container - 135 Litre | eBay

With a couple of meters of scrap box section and my old mower wheels I made a very basic trolley that the create sits in.

I have extracted deer along well used footpaths this way with nothing but the odd funny look.

Looks good. I made something similar earlier this year after knackering my shoulder dragging a fallow uphill. I used an old cold water tank which I sawed in half, and the wheels off a pram. And as I'm usually stalking quite close to home, I turf one of the kids out of bed to pull it!

Deer transporter.jpg

Looks great.
I think i have exactly the same pram by the look of your wheels. I have promised my son I will make him a go kart from it.

I use this, but we do get more snow.
View attachment 62897
Martin

Great idea, especially for some of the smaller species of UK deer. It would no doubt slide much easier than just dragging a carcass on most ground.
Plus it would also help towards keeping the back of your vehicle "blood free" when you go stalking.
Well worth remembering.
Thanks for the idea.:tiphat:

This is what I built recently to use for moving fallow carcass from planted ground

The main land where I stalk has a lot of banks and due to crops planted I can't get my 4x4 to the carcasses so I came up with this a couple of weeks ago, adapted an old rotavator. Saves my back and it's a lot quicker to get the carcass out.

Attachments

• WP_20151103_003.jpg
    WP_20151103_003.jpg
    384 KB · Views: 93
The main land where I stalk has a lot of banks and due to crops planted I can't get my 4x4 to the carcasses so I came up with this a couple of weeks ago, adapted an old rotavator. Saves my back and it's a lot quicker to get the carcass out.

Thats wicked Starsky.
Though I don't think I could be assed to load it in the truck every time I go out.

I don't bring it home I'm able to leave it on the farm I stalk. It's not too heavy but would be a pain if I had to load it on my truck and bring it home with me every time.

That tops me, you win - respect.
Martin

Back