Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a week tomorrow

a week tomorrow

Well guys, a week tomorrow.

I am going to do some .22 practise shortly. my kit is sorted. the only thing i have to do is make a flask and i am away.

I only have a month then on 1st may i am in hospital for a mosiacplasty in my ankle, this will get me off the ground for a couple of months, hope fully i will be back by the rut.

I have been on my ground for the last couple of weeks counting and looking for sign. Things are looking good for the season.
    I have sent out a couple of invites and i look forward to meeting new friends.

ps in september i went to my wildfowling kit and found my flask, it had been in there since mid january. it was like a culture made by saddam hussien

i hope all goes well for you swampy and hopefully we will meet up with you at the cla game fair.if you go i and you offer me a drink make sure its not from that flask

Hope it all goes well for you.

I had surgery on my ankle several years ago to repair some extensive damage done during a motorcycle accident. However, since then the ankle is as good as new!

I wish you well with your mosiacplasty. Hopefully they will not put your operation back. A friend of mine was actually on the hospital ward the first time around only to be told to go home. It took 2 more attempts and 6 weeks later before he finally went under the knife.

Also you'll really be touch and go for the rut even if they do the op when scheduled. Believe me been there and have the t shirt to prove it. Its not the mobility its the getting your boots on and off that's is the biggest problem.

All the best Steve, I hate bloody hospitals but the are times you need them. You take getting around for granted until you can't do it, then you discover just how much you move in the course of a day.
    You going for convalescence courtesy of the job or staying at home?

Good luck Steve. That's good advice from JayB, he should know about hospitals he has been in more hospital based farces than Hatti Jacques! In fact I've never seen them both in the same room at once! Could they be one and the same?

I have a very large daffodil all ready for your ample receptacle

Good luck Swamps, just think of all those nurses you will have around you

As for the flask, I think we have all done that. This past season in Scotland I left the teapot with tea in it from October, arriving back in December hmmmmmmmmm 800 mile drive, lets get the kettle on for a brew, and what the F/////K in the teapot

The skin on the top was a micro ecosystem!!!!

Hope all goes well swampy mate. Im with tikka308 about not havin a drink out that flask

All the best swampy... like sp4rkman i managed to mash my ankle.. mine was competing at a local motorbike event.. unfortunately for me they had to leave my pins in so on cold days i get minor grief from my left ankle..
    Had a lovely nurse tickle my toes to help me drop off to sleep.. funny that, the pain just seemed to disappear...she was a beauty.. good luck fella youll be fine