Best Practice Event - 1st December The Crooklands Hotel, Kendal

Kershaw

Thought this might be of interest.

Thought you may be interested in a BestPractice evening The Deer In Initiative is holding on Tuesday 1[SUP]st[/SUP]December at The Crooklands Hotel, Kendal, Cumbria LA7 7NW. The evening startsat 7.30 pm and should be finished for 10.00 pm. The hotel serves bar meals ifyou wish to get something to eat beforehand.We have two guest speakers who willbe talking about two varied subjects during the evening.

· Simon Roach who is a vet and a keendeer stalker he will be doing a talk on ‘Bullet Selection and the impacts ofdifferent bullets on deer’.
· Doctor Naomi Sykes who will be doing atalk on 'From wild, to domestic and back again: the story of fallow deerfrom the 1st to the 21st century'

The cost of the evenings is £5.00 perperson please pay this on the door.

Regards

Robin

Sounds a great night mot sure the second talk is best practice but interesting none the less.

I personally believe anything that allows us to understand a species of deer better, including it's origins and history will lead to better management of that species and thus is 'best practice.'

Nick

Sounds a great night mot sure the second talk is best practice but interesting none the less.

Last edited:
I personally believe anything that allows us to understand a species of deer better, including it's origins and history will lead to better management of that species and thus is 'best practice.'

Nick

I couldn't agree more, as Best Practice must make educational sense !

Sadly work dictates I now can't make this, a shame as I was looking forward to both talks (with SRVet's especially to see what he put's in those 'magic bullets' that allows him to win so many competitions on the range!!)

Sadly work dictates I now can't make this, a shame as I was looking forward to both talks (with SRVet's especially to see what he put's in those 'magic bullets' that allows him to win so many competitions on the range!!)

I just wonder if he will share his magic with us all !

Wow, what a good evening with two fine speakers both very knowledgably and passionate about their chosen subject,Well worth travelling to and thanks to the Deer Initiative for organising it.
not sure if there's any magic to be had but thanks for the kind words. Shame you can't make it Nick. I'm not sure that time will allow discussion of working up loads but we will see.
Cheers
S

+1 A good contrast in speaking styles, very well presented for those of us that aren't used to operating at such scientific heights. Haven't laughed as much at a deer meeting before. For those interested in the fallow project:

I would like to say "thank-you" to the 'Deer Initiative' and the two guest-speakers at 'The Crooklands' last night. It was a thoroughly enjoyable evening. Both speakers were informative and engaging. Shall look forward to similar events in the future....maybe.
From the first speaker it is quite apparent 'lead' rifle ammunition is on 'borrowed time'........time to stock-up!!

Thanks for putting this up, as I found the whole history aspect most fascinating.
+1 A good contrast in speaking styles, very well presented for those of us that aren't used to operating at such scientific heights. Haven't laughed as much at a deer meeting before. For those interested in the fallow project:

Back