Van air vent

nun_hunter

I've recently got a pick-up with a rear canopy so the concept of a rear space that seperate from the cab is new to me and what with the wet weather and transporting a dog about it's quickly begining to smell very musty and lots of condensation. It is a very good quality Eko-Top but with sliding windows but to leave these open would be insecure to the bits I keep in the rear plus when raining and driving it would just let more moisture in.

To this end I think the best solution would be a Flettner style rotating air vent on the roof. This should have the added benefit of keeping the rear cool in the summer while driving and while the vehicle is stationary (also for the dog when combined with the windows open).

Now has anyone got any experience of fitting one? Is it as easy as it looks in the videos? Are there any other makes and styles worth considering?

I've got one fitted on rear canopy of my L200. Easy to fit but needed longer bolt as the canopy is thicker than a steel van roof. You don't see them here in Sweden and people are always asking what it is. I tell them its radar. One of the men at work calls my Mitsu, storm chaser.

Ive got one fitted to the Truckman top on my L200 and as jagare says you do need longer bolts and quite a large hole cutter, I think the newer models have a better air flow rate, cheers Davie.

I have one on my Isuzu and I wouldn't bother ! It doesn't work to well on mine and also let's water in !, it still stinks in there !
Dogs are in a cab box as well .

I have one on my Isuzu and I wouldn't bother ! It doesn't work to well on mine and also let's water in !, it still stinks in there !
Dogs are in a cab box as well .

Is yours aFlettner? They guarantee it won't let water in (if put in properly) and have a lifetime guarantee. While I don't expect it to completely get rid of the smell I'd want it to reduce condensation levels so I don't have to worry about mould etc.

Thanks for the comments about longer bolts, the aFlettner can come with an extended bracket to accommodate thicker roofs so may need to be purchased too.

Back