Thread: Night vision

Night vision

Hi all

First off apologies if you've heard all this before but I'm new to this so please forgive my ignorance

I'm looking to put a day/night scope on my Ruger .17HMR currently debating between the ATN x-sight and the Armasight drone pro does anybody have any experience of the 2 and would mind sharing them before i commit to what could be a costly mistake

Is the Armasight twice as good as the ATN, because it is twice the money????

Or will the ATN do everything I need knocking over bunnies at up to 100yds

I'm in the Oxford area and if anyone local would like to meet for a pint and a chat I'll buy the first round....

Many thanks for any help

Best regards Reebo

if its just out to 100yds,i would consider a photon 6.5 ,if you can get hold of one without the bezel they are putting on them now,you could add a doubler to increase the mag

The drone pro is fantastic, but for sub 100 is probably more than you need

If you can get the drone pro x5 with the doubler for later should you need more range, go for it,

There are a lot of threads with problems with the newer photons, I would go for the drone but with the 5:8 base mag, then if you step,up you will be able to use the added mag with the doubler,

I have not been that impressed with the newer photons, but I was happy with the first one they had but since having the drone pro x 5 I'm as happy as Larry,

WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Have you thought about a Digi NV add on for a day scope ? The Ward D Vision 700 is mustard.

I go past Oxford weekly so if you want to have a chat I am more than happy to talk you through the various options. Advantages and disadvantages. My stuff is all tubed but have played with a number of the digital systems.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

I use and have a lot of success with the Yukon Photon 5x42 and at the moment you can pick up one for around 200 , I have shot literally thousands of rabbits using it and I have shot a number of foxes , however I will be doing a review on alternatives soon and I have done a couple of reviews on my facebook group

We also build Night vision alscope add ons
    Last edited by Tulloch; 09-11-2015 at 20:21.

there are lots of "how to" videos on youtube showing how to make a digital add on NV setup, mine cost in the region of 110 and works well out to several hundred yards, or put another way I can see the rabbits waaaaay beyond the range I can shoot them with .22LR
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."