Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 wks, 4 days & no sign of that teckle - can I ask for help EVERYWHERE. ?

2 wks, 4 days & no sign of that teckle - can I ask for help EVERYWHERE. ?

In West Berks UK, there is a great deal of support for wanting to find Spartacus, but if he has been taken further afield he/i'll need help further afield and hope you will keep your eyes peeled and noses to the ground, please. Any contacts you have in your dog or teckle worlds would be greatly appreciated.
    He is fit and strong a wire haired 'wild boar' intact male as depicted. Extra distinguishing marks are his tattoo in his ear, a white flash on his chest.

He is micro-chipped and he would respond to his name (Spartacus), or probably 'sit', if you didn't want to recreate the I'm Spartacus scene.

Any sightings appreciated. If it were possible to take a phone picture that would help. You can call directly on 07789713766, see details on attached poster, or PM me here - I could probably send a more specific poster than that attached below

I'm confident he hasn't gone to ground. I think he was picked up (he had escaped and was last seen racing for home). If he has been put to breeding I felt this might be a good site to possibly find him, as most wouldn't know what a teckle does. If he is merely a house dog, then Lord help him and his captors, I think he would turn on them.

He has a facebook page via
    He is listed on many dogs lost sites, but the following is the one that I work with most:

Am postering all the time, if you could too asking your vet, sanctuary or local authority to put a up a poster, I hope to make him too hot to handle, or at least maximise a chance of his return.

Really hate to be asking this, but can't let the little fella down by not asking and I know you to be sympathetic to the working dog relationship.

Many thanks for reading this and considering this cause. there will be updates (fingers crossed), He is my best friend, and I his.
    from Marnie Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a flying spartacus - cropped.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	235.9 KB 
ID:	63163 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	advert for nwn.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	63164
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SPARTY POSTER.pdf  

I've got three mate. I truely hope you're reunited. I'm south Cumbria based but I'll keep an eye out. I know several folk with teckels etc. Have a look on pets4home website too.

I was only speaking to my vet last month about gps micro chips because of events like this. Incase he has been stolen. Try reverse psychology and advertise that you are wanting to purchase a male wire teckel.

Why don't you think he could have gone to ground have you checked badger setts locally can't hurt to look round hope you find him

Hope you find him, have you checked gumtree and preloved aswell lots of dogs on there.

Good thinking Weeman! like the reverse psychology bit. The worst part of losing the dog is the helplessness and so this is a positive new tack to take :o)
    Give me a call if you learn anything at all. I send updates here if I do too.
    Best wishes,

Hi Shakey Jake,

I don't think he went to ground for heaps of reasons, even if sometimes I hope he has and will emerge.
    The gamekeepers here are aware of the badger scene, the sets have been checked and there has been no activity. T
    he gamekeepers around here too have even installed infra red cameras in what they consider the most likely spots.
    Since Spart's disappearance almost three weeks ago, there have been shoots around here with dogs and beaters - all aware of the missing hound.
    There have been a lot of people and dogs listening at holes, hedgerows etc
    He is a smart dog, he was built for going to ground, he hasn't yet -which ok isn't reason to rule it out. He was last seen racing for home which was 20 paces away. He was racing past rabbits, he was on a mission to get back - perhaps because the female (not in season) he was out with had suffered a deep cut, and he is the sort of dog that would responsibly want to let me know. If anything were to distract him from his desire to get back, a rabbit would be a good bet. He would have stopped for a car on the lane he would have needed to cross. He may well jump in a car if it stopped. The likelihood from his history, character and location is to be surmised is that he didn't go to ground. But I am still looking anyway! Hope you will too. :o) Marn Will send updates as I learn them.

cool, adding gumtree and preloved to the search :o) Thank you Starsky

It's been a while now and I would have thought I'd he had been picked up locally people would have tried to re unite him. I am sure you will have been in touch with local Land owners Game keepers and farmers but also maybe try asking at Vickers Game at Ashampstead as many stalkers and keepers locally drop in there.

This Cris, there's a poster at Vickers, but will go remind them. I fear he aint local no more.... but haven't given up, although bewildered with how to proceed. Thanks for writing, and please mention the poster next time you pop into Vickers. Spart can't be mentioned enough in deer/teckle/dog circles. Marn

I've checked gum tree and pets for homes, can't see any resemblance.