Lawrance precision Titanium rifle

Ray7756

Just saw an add for Lawrence precision titanium rifles, must say they definately interest me, a stalking rifle with mod that weighs 2.3 kg ( depending on calibre) no rust etc, the benefits are great, and price is not that crazy, big Question is does anyone on here have one or know anyone that does ??????
I have read the testimonials on their site but as expected they are fantastic, but before i spend a lot of my hard earned , just looking to see if any of our members have any first hand experience of these rifles
cheers in advance
Ray

I was apprehensious about them and the cost before i got one. I managed to pick one up S/H but like new from here and really cant fault it. light, well made, sleek.. In terms of balance and weight, it pulls the pants down on a T8 or JetZ. As for noise.. maybe a shade more than a JetZ, but hardly noticeable and the balance etc outweighs any noise difference. I looked at Lawrence and also the Hardy. Hardys were struck off the list after i heard the sound suppression (or lack of..)

Price.. well, that comes down to the end user. we all have different pain thresholds.

I was apprehensious about them and the cost before i got one. I managed to pick one up S/H but like new from here and really cant fault it. light, well made, sleek.. In terms of balance and weight, it pulls the pants down on a T8 or JetZ. As for noise.. maybe a shade more than a JetZ, but hardly noticeable and the balance etc outweighs any noise difference. I looked at Lawrence and also the Hardy. Hardys were struck off the list after i heard the sound suppression (or lack of..)

Price.. well, that comes down to the end user. we all have different pain thresholds.

This is true of the mods - the OP is asking about the full Lawrence rifle. Regret I have no experience of the rifle.

Good point, well presented! RTFQ..

If the level of quality of the mods are anything to go by, then i would have a reasonably warm and fuzzy feeling

Suggest you give Simon a call, he is very helpful, I had hold of one last week, nice and smooth, Simon should be able to put you in contact with someone who has taken delivery to have a discussion with and obtain some operational feedback, the latest versions are even better than the early versions, some slight tweaks to the bolt etc.

I use the eclipse moderators on all my rifles they are fantastic, and now Simon has a newer version which is lighter again, with the same noise reduction.

I've got one of Simons aurora mods on a 6.5 and I couldn't be happier with it just oozes quality and more than quiet enough

Id like to have a look and a feel of his new rifles I know they will be just as well made as his mods

Love the idea of them. Sure I'm a big fan of classic materials, but titanium and carbon fibre... what's not to love?!

Went to Lawrence precision to have my new Titan mod fitted, while i was there Simon showed me a completed titanium rifle,the quality was superb,the 3 lug bolt made the action super smooth, like a knife through butter and the fact that the life of your barrel is going to be significantly extended is a major asset.Enquiries were coming in thick and fast while i was there from the UK and abroad.It was good to see a British company doing so well.Cant wait to get down the range.

Went to Lawrence precision to have my new Titan mod fitted, while i was there Simon showed me a completed titanium rifle,the quality was superb,the 3 lug bolt made the action super smooth, like a knife through butter and the fact that the life of your barrel is going to be significantly extended is a major asset.Enquiries were coming in thick and fast while i was there from the UK and abroad.It was good to see a British company doing so well.Cant wait to get down the range.

How much is a Titan mod and how much are the rifles?

Can someone define "titanium rifle"?

I imagine this is a titanium action? Made by who? Is Simon Lawrence now manufacturing actions or are they produced by someone else?

My 6.5x47 came with a Lawrence moderator, I've been happy with its performance.

Titan going for £700 mate but he does have special offers occasionally,re how much of the rifle is titanium id give him a bell and ask to have a look at one.Hes a great guy and will help you out.:D

But a properly designed stock that fit well takes away a lot of the sting. Weight is good for steam rollers.

There's the "nub" is the stock properly designed? In my youth...I was in my late teens or early twenties...I had two shots from a Holland and Holland .470 Nitro Express. Full factory Kynoch.

It had, or felt to me, that it had no more recoil than a .303 Lee Enfield No4. Holland's had stocked it with a properly designed stock.

I will probably be lambasted as a heretic.. but... For a light, accurate rifle giving you plenty of cash left over for a decent scope...and some excellent stalking..a T3 lite may be a better option. I know what I would do.

Back