deerhunter muflon jacket

dazz

does anyone use this jacket,i wear a deerhunter gamestalker anorak,which I love,but its getting on a bit,so want to treat myself to something new,any reviews on the muflon guys,or what do you recommend?

Any views before I also head out to have a look at a new jacket. This vs Harkila / Jahtijakt ? Price is obviously very different and I'm looking for a non camouflaged option after 8 years of MTP/DPM. I'm not a fan of heavy jackets if that helps steer the recommendtions.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Any views before I also head out to have a look at a new jacket. This vs Harkila / Jahtijakt ? Price is obviously very different and I'm looking for a non camouflaged option after 8 years of MTP/DPM. I'm not a fan of heavy jackets if that helps steer the recommendtions.

Thanks.

Artic outdoors don't have a lot of stock at present of jaht jakt as I spoke to them this worth so you may have to be quick. I have this suit and recommend it highly. Harkila to me is far to heavy I'd swet like a pig if I wore harkila clothing.

One for the deerhunter then! How heavy are they...ie too warm for stalking not just sitting in a high seat?

I have deerhunter coat + trousers combo, but admittedly not the Muflon model.

They're very comfortable and practical - lots of handy pockets etc - and quiet. Warm enough without being stifling. Very reasonable price.
However, not as waterproof as it should be (although improved by washing in some Nikwax stuff), and could be more robustly constructed.

My verdict: great for the occasional / recreational stalker, but really wouldn't stand up to full-time use.

well,i got one of the muflon jackets anyway,so heres a quick review of my own...first time on today,out beating,and the rain was relentless,so was keen to see how it performed.I stayed dry all through the day while others around me were soaked to the skin with the clothing they were wearing,mainly seeland.I think the only thing I would say against the muflon jacket,is that it would do better to have some under arm ventilation,as some other jackets have.I did sweat a lot,but on standing waiting to beat the next drives,i soon dried of sweat,I did have a couple of good extra layers underneath,so maybe just a thin fleece type top and tea shirt may have been enough,so at the end of the day I would recommend this jacket to keep you very warm and very dry even in the wettest of weather(such as today)...

Back