what 243 bullets do you use??????

Distinguished Member
fairly new to stalking just wondering what bullets you guys/girls use in your 243s

Many thanks
ATB
Dave

Last edited:
If your pockets are deep then Winchester 95gr silvertips,
Remington accutips 95gr also v good /,federal vital shock worked well in my .243 as did Norma .
Best to try out a load of different ammuntion to see which best suits your setup. Brough

Federal vital shock 80 grain works for me
But has been said before try a few diffrent rounds out and see which one suits you.

.243 Bullets

Hi,

Factory ammo I have been using Federal Vital Shok 95 grain excellent bullet.

Home load which I have just started and getting good results with Nosler Ballistic tips, in Federal brass, CCi primer and 35.4 grains IMR4895.

Hope this helps.

ATB
Les

When I used factory ammo it was sako 90grn gameheads
been reloading for a while now and use either
87grn hornady s/p over 36.6 of vit140 in lapua brass with cci primers
or
90grn nosler b/t over 42g of H414 in lapua brass with cci primers
both are pinpoint accurate in my 19" sako finnlight.
These loads are worked up for my rifle.

Good old Sierra Gameking 100grn homeload, 44.5grns N160, cci std primer.:thumb:
They don't go very far when hit with these:D.

Cheers,
Moe..

I will use nothing but 100gran Norma in my Sauer. But I have the same model rifle in 30-06 and it seems to perfer Federals.
Simon

My Sauer 202 hates RWS, Sako and likes Federals of all grades. Had a bad experience with split necked Winchesters.

I'm also interested in this subject as I've only ever used home loads provided by someone else. I will probably use factory ammo if/when my ticket is issued and wondered what might be best for a tikka.

Last edited:
do you find the game heads fragment a lot? The couple of roe Ive butchered after being shot with the sako rounds have been quite badly messed up. i.e very large exit wounds with a lot of evidence of fragmentation within the carcass.

my sako 75 likes the geco 105grain tmantel,which surprised me as i did,nt think they,d be stable in a 1 in 10 twist barrel

ive tryed a few different brands in my remmy 700, an ended up using 100g sp winchesters, rws t mantel 100g sp wasnt bad either, but was a bit more than the winchesters,

Hi there, Popey here, depends on what you are going to shoot and what distances???
If you are shooting Roe and you reload your own ammo, i would recommend the 95grm CT (Silver tips) This will allow you to shoot out to 20oyrs without having to change your POI.
If you are shooting larger game, I would recommend a heavier round (Say a 120grn) and be sure to check your zero and know your bullet drop at desired distances. Hope this helps. Happy shooting.. Popey

Back