I have decided to take the plunge and buy a thermal imaging scope for spotting deer. I have no experience with these devices so would be grateful for constructive advice on the following questions.
- I would like to buy local/UK but if a considerable saving is to be had from overseas then obviously I will make the saving. So what's your experience with buying from abroad and who do you recommend.
- I will still be using the binos to confirm that the deer meets the criteria for culling once spotted with the TI. Because of this I'm conscious of carrying too much equipment and them clattering into each other. What's your experience on this and is there a compact pocket sized TI available?
- What's the best buy performance wise for 3k and how does warranty/customer care compare between say FLIR and PULSAR.
- If I increase to 4K will I see a significant improvement?
- Is there anywhere I can try a range of theses devices out and see how they compare with one another and to get a feel of the weight/size & ergonomics.