Parker hale mounts

tom

Evening . I need some help please , I have a Parker hale super safari in 7mm (7x57) I want to put a variable 56 mm scope on but the mounts are not high enough . I think I need some new mounts . Do people on here know which ones will fit this model
Parker hale ?
I have looked through old threads but it's a bit confusing !
Mao all I need is someone to tell me which ones will be high enough ?
Many thanks
tom

Would a piece of film negative in the lower half of your present mounts not lift it enough ?
That's an old trick I haven't used for quite some time, nor heard of anybody else using it but it worked for me and quite a few others before the plethora of mounts we have today became available..

Tom, look on the Leupold webpage under mounting systems for the standard mounts.
This system covers windage adjustment as well so solves a potential problem you may have.
Click on the Mauser 2 piece and it will tell you of models it will fit.
Be sure to measure the hole centers too to confirm the spaces.
Countryman of Derby supplied mine.

Should have said that the original PH rings are 1".
Leupold rings 25mm and 30mm

PM if you wish?

Last edited:
Bolt on dovetails and any number of weaver rings in high

Or bolt on bases and twist in rings like leupold

lots of option for the m98 receiver

Thanks guys , I will check out the Leopold range , I have loads of Parker hale rings not the bases !
i have a couple of Parker hale rifles and one of the earlier models has fixed bases already !
the holes will be the test as they look slightly different !
Where is brithunter when you need him !

Cheers

Try McCavoy guns in Wigan - they sorted my PH out with mounts - send photos or call in.

It is a 1inch tube so might be ok .
Intresting scope actually , it's made in Japan for a Swedish company but was one of the first illuminated reticles .
good quality Lens and build ! Don't know much about it other than its over 20 years old .

Not sure if you have solved your problem yet but I have a Parker Hale Safari in 6.5 x 55 and I never could get a solution I was happy with, until that is I had a picatinny rail made for it for about £40 and now I can use any number of rings. I can't promise but I had 2 made and if want it and if I can find it then you are welcome to the spare one for what it owes me.

I am truely puzzled at this as scopes have been fitted to Parker-Hales rifles from the beginning as a quick Google search shows with many photos of Parker-Hale rifles so equipped.

50936949.jpg

DSCN1145.jpg

That photo I have just copied from a post on this very site. It came up on the Google search.

Parker-Hale%20243.gif

IMG_4220.jpg

More images from the google search and again off this very site. Leupold mounts according the for sale post. So where is the problem?

It is a 1inch tube so might be ok .
Intresting scope actually , it's made in Japan for a Swedish company but was one of the first illuminated reticles .
good quality Lens and build ! Don't know much about it other than its over 20 years old .

Tom illuminated reticles have been around for an awful lot longer than most people realise. A friend of mine had a Bushnell with an illuminated reticle almost thirty years ago. I believe that that one was made in Japan also, possibly from the same factory?

Hakko of Japan and Nikko Stirling also had illuminated scopes out in the 1980's I remember. The Hakko was a superb scope but expensive the Nikko Stirling was good optics but not as good as the Hakko but then it was priced a lot less even though it was quite a bit more then the normal Nikko Stirling line at the time. I looked at them in the gunshop but decided that I really had no need of an illuminated reticle.

Back