Thread: Dublin this weekend

Dublin this weekend

Ok folks I know it's a long shot but anything going on in Dublin this weekend as I'm there for my brothers stag party and I don't drink and can think of better things to do than hang around with his mates as they are Di. .s most of the time lol
    So any thoughts please

Cheers adrian

I'd recommend the Little Dublin Museum, the book of Kells (in Trinity College) and the National Gallery of Ireland.

Collins barracks is well worth a look. And st Michams. They take you down to the crypt. Go see the mummified corpses.
    Personally I would avoid the Guinness factory unless you like the view from the top. Chrischurch Catheral is worth a look. Depends on what floats your boat
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Anything apart from drunken people spent to many years chucking them out of pubs and clubs lol but anything really ive been told of a prison to vist but forgoten the name

Possibly Kilmainham Gaol - it's where the leaders of the 1916 Easter Uprising were detained and executed, well worth a visit.

There's a circular route hop on - hop off tourist bus that calls at Kilmainham as well as several other interesting city locations. Good to use that to get there and the drivers are comedians.|-6.260892|16

Thanks orion that's the one as for the buses I look into that as well. Should be interesting

Take a trip to Newgrange in Meath very impressive, older than the Pyramids.

Cheers long drag I'll have a look into that