Foxpro Spitfire. Fubared.

The Singing Stalker

My FoxPro has died. Bit of an unfortunate time everything seems to be going wrong at the moment. lol.
I don't want a new FoxPro because I can't read the remotes without my glasses, the writing is so small.
So any recommendations on a new affordable remote caller? Are Icotech any good? Does anybody repair foxpros?

Just clocked it, that is a very generous offer. I don't know how I missed it as I have read the thread twice now. Well, to be fair I was licking my wounds after getting my head chewed off. :eek:
Actually I was looking at the plaything and it was only on the second look I realised that it was on a trailer. Nice job. Going off topic a bit. I have worked with clever engineers over the years and a few stupid ones as well. (lets not talk about intersecting holes on a £1400 block of stainless steel that shouldn't have intersected. oops) and I was always fascinated, and still am, at how someone decides to make something like a cardboard box folding machine or a nuclear power station and they just sit down and design it. I know it is a lot easier these days with CAD etc but well above my intelligence levels. I am far to much a bodge artist so I just sketch something to get a rough idea and then make the measurements up as I go along. I can get away with that for DIY as I'm only likely to kill myself. Project woodshed is on the cards for next year when the wood gets used up so I have space to build it.
I will probably go with the Icotech 350 if you don't mind, unless someone advises me against it. The money is reasonable and as it is programmable it should be able to do everything I need to do. I like the buttons as I can go from vixen on heat to squeak instantly without having to search the repertoire of sounds on the remote whilst the fox wanders off. Which happened last night, got it to work, it went SQUALK for 5 seconds then died. I swear I say the fox roll its eyes as it wandered away.

To be honest I have a fox pro and I have more success with the back of my hand or just using my lips than I have with any caller. My advice use what you have and save your money

My FoxPro has died. Bit of an unfortunate time everything seems to be going wrong at the moment. lol.
I don't want a new FoxPro because I can't read the remotes without my glasses, the writing is so small.
So any recommendations on a new affordable remote caller? Are Icotech any good? Does anybody repair foxpros?

drop it in ill have a look. cant promise I will fix it but ill have a good go at it.

either here at the castle or at home.

drop me a pm SS

bob.

Just clocked it, that is a very generous offer. I don't know how I missed it as I have read the thread twice now. Well, to be fair I was licking my wounds after getting my head chewed off. :eek:
Actually I was looking at the plaything and it was only on the second look I realised that it was on a trailer. Nice job. Going off topic a bit. I have worked with clever engineers over the years and a few stupid ones as well. (lets not talk about intersecting holes on a £1400 block of stainless steel that shouldn't have intersected. oops) and I was always fascinated, and still am, at how someone decides to make something like a cardboard box folding machine or a nuclear power station and they just sit down and design it. I know it is a lot easier these days with CAD etc but well above my intelligence levels. I am far to much a bodge artist so I just sketch something to get a rough idea and then make the measurements up as I go along. I can get away with that for DIY as I'm only likely to kill myself. Project woodshed is on the cards for next year when the wood gets used up so I have space to build it.
I will probably go with the Icotech 350 if you don't mind, unless someone advises me against it. The money is reasonable and as it is programmable it should be able to do everything I need to do. I like the buttons as I can go from vixen on heat to squeak instantly without having to search the repertoire of sounds on the remote whilst the fox wanders off. Which happened last night, got it to work, it went SQUALK for 5 seconds then died. I swear I say the fox roll its eyes as it wandered away.

Ha ha, yep, that was odd. He was just looking for praise and when it didn't come he threw a wobbler. I was waiting for him to start then was going to lay into him. Blokes a plonker. Don't like his language on a forum either.
If a new one gets put on hold you can either have this one or just borrow it, I'm not impressed with the u caller but I suppose it's better than nowt.

Well I got the icotech 350 because it has buttons instead of a little screen that I can't read. I have to say once you sort out the sounds it is pretty good. You just have to remember what sounds come out of which button.
of course I have found out what is wrong with the foxpro and fixed it so didn't need a new caller in the end. Doh!!

Back