Stormsure Repair Compound

Norrie1956

Hiya, Anyone used Stormsure compound before?? If you did , how did it go??

I have a pair of walking boots that I want to use it on, they leak across the bottom of the lace area... but, I'm not too sure or confident about using it...:)

Thanks in advance guys...:)

I think it sticks better to rubber or plastic, very good for waders used on a beach.
if nothing left to lose give it a try, it does what it says on the tin as they say

my work boots fail at the bottom of the lace area from sustained mud abrasion but the only cure is replacement boots

Hiya, Yep, it's a no lose situation. They leak like a sieve, but I have been using them as my "summer" boots.....tho with the summer we've had, I might as well give it a bash...:)

If it's the same as Aquasure it isn't great on leather as it peals off eventually, but it will work for a while so you have nothing to lose.
Cheers
Richard

I've used it many times with waders and it has the same viscousity as honey or syrup.
Be carefull it will stick like **** on a blanket, so make sure you thoroughly clean an degrease your boots with either nail varnish remover or cotol.

I've used it on all sort of stuff and regularly use it to fix barb wire holes in waterproof's. Works well on the flexothene type waterproof,, just stick some duct tape over the inside of the hole.
Depends how much it flex's where the hole is but pretty good, i have an old pair of waders that i fixed god know's how long ago (prob 10+ years) and still water tight but they don't get a lot of use.

Top tip is store it in the freezer and it keeps for ages after u've opened it, i usually have 1 stored in freezer

Norrie.
The rubber rand was coming away on a pair of boots and water was getting in.
I was recommended the stuff you are talking about and ordered it off fleabay. Great stuff for sealing leaks but I found it wouldn't stick the rand back to the boot. A drop of super glue did the trick.
The boots are the Kevlar Harkilas so can't comment on how it would work on leather.
The boots are waterproof once again.
Hope this helps. cjs

Norrie.
The rubber rand was coming away on a pair of boots and water was getting in.
I was recommended the stuff you are talking about and ordered it off fleabay. Great stuff for sealing leaks but I found it wouldn't stick the rand back to the boot. A drop of super glue did the trick.
The boots are the Kevlar Harkilas so can't comment on how it would work on leather.
The boots are waterproof once again.
Hope this helps. cjs

Hiya, Some great advice, as per usual...:)

The boots I want to repair are Le Chameau ( Kevlar) Mouflons...they have a sort of "canvas" area from the rubber strip to about halfway up the boot which has cracked, the flexing while walking caused it..:(..I did think about gaffer tape on the inside...I sent them back to Chameau a couple of years ago, but that's another loooooong story....:)

This is a library photo of exactly the same boot...:)

So, Stormsure is now on order from Amazon, and the nail varnish remover is sitting here on my desk....:)

Thanks again guys..I will report back after I have done the repair....:)

Last edited:
Hiya, Well the Stormsure arrived, so, cleaned the boots, and put two coats on the front half of them, and one coat all round the boots ...wore them today on a walk round shoot with the new shotgun...and deliberately walked through all the muddy areas...got hom, and all bone dry..:) So, maybe a wee bit early, but I'm very happy with the stuff. Not the prettiest repair in the world, but, seemingly, it does the job. Still got 1/2 tube in the freezer too for any future "touch ups"...:)

Pics as follows...

1.. Boots before cleaning, you can see where it has worn, both were like this.

2...Boots after the "toe" area was repaired..:)

3..Boots after a good walk through the woods..:) All warm and dry...:)

Back