led lamping kit

Tomm

looking for a led lamping torch for foxing. im looking at the nm x searcher lc with the dimmer built in. before I commit is there anything else I should be looking at? ideally I would like something that I can alter the size of the beam on as when I had my normal nm800 I found the beam to be a bit tight at times. I also have a light force blitz but its a pain having the leads and battery when getting in and out of the truck and trying to lamp from the window. so any suggestions would be appreciate before I spend my hard earned!

thanks in advance

Tom

A T67 from either Torch Factory or Drewslab would be my choice. Both have superb customer service and the T67 has a wide range of adjustment from flood to tight beam and it's all in less than half the price from the rip off merchants at TacLight. I've got both the T67 and the NM800 and the T67 is a better beam but a much bigger torch, if we paid The same price as other countries then I'd buy another NM but seeing as we get shafted by about another 100% I'd always go for one of the T variants.

edit: If you create an account with torch factory and use the code NVUK you get 10% off the total too

Last edited:
google ir lightbuilds. I have a T74 modified by him which has a red LED in it, we use it for awkward foxes and a quick scout. It's a serious bit of kit and all my lamping mates are blown away by it. You have to factor in the purchase of batteries and chargers on top of the price.

A T67 from either Torch Factory or Drewslab would be my choice. Both have superb customer service and the T67 has a wide range of adjustment from flood to tight beam and it's all in less than half the price from the rip off merchants at TacLight. I've got both the T67 and the NM800 and the T67 is a better beam but a much bigger torch, if we paid The same price as other countries then I'd buy another NM but seeing as we get shafted by about another 100% I'd always go for one of the T variants.

edit: If you create an account with torch factory and use the code NVUK you get 10% off the total too

I'm pretty sure that code is 5%. But a T50 or 67 is a good foil for the X-Searcher. I have a T50 with a new Red Pill in spare if you want something cheaper - £30 posted. The beam is easier to change, but has a little more spill.

The X-Searcher beam will be tighter than the NM800 BTW......

I'm pretty sure that code is 5%. But a T50 or 67 is a good foil for the X-Searcher. I have a T50 with a new Red Pill in spare if you want something cheaper - £30 posted. The beam is easier to change, but has a little more spill.

The X-Searcher beam will be tighter than the NM800 BTW......

Ah ok it may have changed as it was 10% last week but I imagine they alter it depending what other offers re on.

Sika stagg/Ian/ir light builds is the best place to go,

Stunning lamps and built to last, the t67 is a cracking torch I have 2 here 1 set up as a any colour spotter and the other is a IR torch for my drone,

I,also have one of Ian's t74 in white and it's just silly how far this throws a beam of light,

Just a point to note: some of the cheaper lamps have head drop, so what that means is the head can move from top to bottom, not a major concern when lapping but if you are looking at scope/nv mounting the unit this is or can cause problems,

Regards

Bob.

It think your better of using a lamp and a torch. Use the lamp to scan the ground and the torch on the rifle for shooting.

It think your better of using a lamp and a torch. Use the lamp to scan the ground and the torch on the rifle for shooting.

Cracking suggestion

One of our keepers uses a lightforce 170 with a dimmer for scanning, and a t50 red led on the rifle,

Sad to say but the day of the big lamps seems to be numbered, I had all my spare lightforce lamps up or sale a while ago, and had no takers.

Bob

I have been using a copy of a T20 (red) for a good while, it is ideal as a scanning torch because it will give a good return eye shine from a fox.
As I mainly lamp alone with a LF 170, sticks and rifle this little unit has saved lots of main battery life. Great to just haze it on a fox which is coming into a call so you can use the main light in the last few seconds of the shot.

Shot a vixen the other night with her crossing over the hedge into the other field, this left me to move 30 yards set up with the main light still on the gun, pick up the eyes and put a big hole in the fox...

Tim.243

Back