hi all as you may now be aware with my posts im new to this so i post questions for advice please dont think im thik;) but advice from you guys is more than likely better than i get from my local sources i recently bought an A bolt 22-250 browning and 8x56 S/B and T8 modorator and was wondering if there are any guys local to me that would be prepared for me to go out with them for some experience also i need a range to do some zeroing or not again open to offers i live in sible hedingham in essex so although it would be nice to get an invite from some of you scottish boys i would struggle to get there and back in an evening lol:p thats it thanks for reading by the way i have 2 night scopes for sale and 1 viper rifle scope sorry if this is not strictly legal but someone may like a well looked after n/s
thanks again gary
opppppsss

Last edited:
Get in touch with British Deer Society East Anglia Branch. A range day is held on the first Saturday each month.
Cost £ 20 and lots of good company and advice on an excellent range near Thetford.....MBP

Tongue in cheek it may be, but I think you might find your signature goes down rather badly with those of us, the overwhelming majority, with respect for others' property.

My view to.
It also begs the question how someone can obtain a FAC with permission to own and use a .22/250 yet have no land of their own on which to use it.:-|

My view to.
It also begs the question how someone can obtain a FAC with permission to own and use a .22/250 yet have no land of their own on which to use it.:-|
, regardless of the original post, anyone who has satisfied the local plod that they are not homicidal, or manic depressive, can be granted an fac with or without land to shoot over............ just another strange anomaly of our odd licencing system.:rolleyes:

Essex are pretty good to deal with. I once had an 'open' cert for a rifle there without land. Granted i was also a member of a target shooting club but i did have deer on my ticket.

Once i had land to shoot on, i then got another 2 rifles released.

Gary -

This will appear out of context now because I posted earlier and in error, plagued by finger trouble, and have now deleted that post, but you may want to consider how your signature appears to others on this forum. It might be tongue in cheek, but the implication that you endorse stealing things might not sit well with the people you are asking for help.

ok sorry about signature will not use this again
as for the people moaning about me having an fac with no land let me put the record straight
i have 8000 acres to shoot over
i own 2 in number 22 cz varmint and cz american
also 1 cz 17 hmr sillouette with a synthetic stock
1 in number 12 bore a lamber sporting deluxe
does this quantify my sittuation
to all the other GENTLEMEN out there that have answered my question
thankyou for all you help and i will accept apologies or shall i mjust go forth and multiply
thanks again gary

Last edited:
ok sorry about signature will not use this again
as for the people moaning about me having an fac with no land let me put the record straight
i have 8000 acres to shoot over
i own 2 in number 22 cz varmint and cz american
also 1 cz 17 hmr sillouette with a synthetic stock
1 in number 12 bore a lamber sporting deluxe
does this quantify my sittuation
to all the other GENTLEMEN out there that have answered my question
thankyou for all you help and i will accept apologies or shall i mjust go forth and multiply
thanks again gary

Gary

First impressions count the most.
Signatures that advocate stealing, don't make for good first impressions.

If you have 8k acres to shoot over, why the need for a range for zeroing?

"if it moves steal it if it does not shoot it"
icon_lol.gif

" what landowner would consider this quote as comforting? "

My thoughts precisely

ok lets stop being picky i wanted a range and advice because i have some limits on my licence and i have apoliges for the signiture so can we drop that and yes 8000 acres but not all for that calibre i really didnt think that you guys would be so judgementle without finding out the facts so on that note i will sign off and leave you to your own small minded games take the apology as it was meant in good faith but i will still leave to anyone who actualy knows me and those who have emailed me privately thanks and will see you all again soon to the other people dont judge someone by 1 silly mistake next time THINK before you bite .... you do it when you shoot stop think look and listen

ok lets stop being picky i wanted a range and advice because i have some limits on my licence and i have apoliges for the signiture so can we drop that and yes 8000 acres but not all for that calibre i really didnt think that you guys would be so judgementle without finding out the facts so on that note i will sign off and leave you to your own small minded games take the apology as it was meant in good faith but i will still leave to anyone who actualy knows me and those who have emailed me privately thanks and will see you all again soon to the other people dont judge someone by 1 silly mistake next time THINK before you bite .... you do it when you shoot stop think look and listen

Priceless!:zzz:

Amazing how first impressions so often turn out to be correct.

why should one have land to shoot first????for those of us lucky to have ground to shoot on its all well and good, so why cant my mate with no land to shoot own his own rifle and come out with me??? English pomp

Back