Swedteam ultralight smock

Milligan

Has anyone bought a Swedteam Ultralight smock yet; what's the verdict on it and what are their sizes like?
After one for the hind cull on the hill in mid Jan.

Not exactly..... But we bought my son a new swedteam jacket as an early Christmas present a couple of weeks ago.

He's been out in some foul weather in it recently - and it's kept him warm and bone dry. So - not the smock, but in terms of performance it's a thumbs up so if the smock has the same fabrics as his jacket, you should be toasty & dry.

I haven't got the smock, but I have quite a lot of their gear as I buy some every time I am over there. It's well made and lasts well. I have found that their sizes are realistically marked.

I had a look at the light weight smock and it looked OK . I have a few bits of Swedteam gear and its good value for money. Swedteam are based not far from where i live.

Swedteam Ultralight Smock Review

So a quick update on this following my experience of a week on the hill after hinds.
The weather through the week went from dry clear -5 through snow to driving rain at plus 5 so a good range.

• The smock is a well made bit of kit, good waterproofing and well thought out.
  • The main handwarming pockets are straight through i.e. anything in there is accessible from both sides. This has its pros and cons, you can get at whatever from whichever side however if, like me you like to have one side open for warming a hand anything in there may fall out or doesn't give much sense of security - unlikely but possible.
  • The zips for the sides go quite high up and zip from top or bottom so no need for additional pit zips.
  • The front zip goes quite far down so again, good ventilation if required.
  • There is a radio pocket on left breast which does as it is supposed to.
  • The bino pocket is perhaps too low to be practical as a bino pocket but useful for all your get-to kit.
  • Hood works well independently or over a cap, draws in nice and close when needed.
  • The top is light so I was a little skeptic about getting cold but when layered (base layer, fleece, smock) it was more than adequate.

Overall I'd put this in a strong recommend box, especially at the price point.
Will see how resilient it is over time but I have some confidence in it.

I did have a bit of capillary action on the sleeves on a particularly wet/windy day but this is bound to happen with neoprene gloves and a wicking baselayer; a little damp in the inside sleeve but not uncomfortable. It didn't seem to gain weight in the wet like my Seeland jacket.

P.S. in terms of sizing, it is seems designed for the average burly stalker. I am 6'2" and 93kg and normally a 42" suit, so perhaps leaner than the average UK stalker (particularly us soft Southerners :) ) and I ended up a size below what I'd normally take and still roomy enough that it's not constrained.

Thanks to Nigel at Warringashire fieldsports UK for sorting and following through the sizing malarky. Good deal at a good price with a good guy.

Last edited:
I've got a smock and trousers, really like the trousers so light and warm but not bramble bashers.

The smock I'm quite impressed with so far, wore it in the wind and rain on the quad and it never leaked except for a bit going up the sleeve.

My only complaint is trying to get out of the b******d thing especially if its soaking wet, it seems to want take all your base layers with it and then all the accumulated water it has saved specially and pour it down your back :banghead: :doh:

I've got a smock and trousers, really like the trousers so light and warm but not bramble bashers.

The smock I'm quite impressed with so far, wore it in the wind and rain on the quad and it never leaked except for a bit going up the sleeve.

My only complaint is trying to get out of the b******d thing especially if its soaking wet, it seems to want take all your base layers with it and then all the accumulated water it has saved specially and pour it down your back :banghead: :doh:
I think the up the sleeve isn't leaking and unless you tape the sleeves to your arm you'll always get it.

Re taking it off, yes a little more involved than a regular jacket but I found unzipping fully and then lifting the hood and pulling away works well.

Watch the sizing. I have an Axton jacket and according to their website I'm a C50. When it arrived it was collosal! I had to go down 2 sizes to get one that fit. Aside from that I've nothing but good things to say; great quality, totally waterproof and good value.

Back