Thread: .22LR CZ452 length of pull

.22LR CZ452 length of pull

I have a CZ452 in .22LR which I'm very happy with; seems well put together for the money and consistently delivers 25yd groups the size of my little finger nail . . .

It is the version with the rather basic synthetic stock.

The only problem I have with it, is that I find the length of pull just a little short. Maybe historically rim-fires have been designed with youths in mind and are accordingly a little short i this respect; just like many air rifles?

I'd like to increase the length of pull slightly without getting a new stock, as in all other respects I find the one supplied entirely adequate. The only problem is that the butt pad seems glued on to the end of the butt and I have no idea how to remove it, to enable me to either insert some form of spacer between the butt and pad, or attach a deeper butt pad.

I'd greatly appreciate some advice from 'the team'!

Advance thanks

Hiya, I have the same rifle, ( CZ Silhouette) and have no problems with the LOP on it..but just got mine out of the cabinet to look at the butt pad...I cant see a way of removing the rubber pad without a bit of, maybe a trip to your local gunsmith is in order...if it was a much longer LOP you needed, i.e. 1/2 to 3/4" a "slip on" butt pad would be all that's needed...

Sorry for being no help at all...

I reckon you're right; looks like a slip on butt pad . . .

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Is the pad definitely glued on and not held in with screws but hidden within the rubber through small holes? Similar ones in the past it has been a case of lubing a screwdriver and sliding it into the blind hole to find the screw head!

No holes at all that I can see