Out with the Dog Yesterday...

I met up with a mate yesterday at 1pm on a small farm we have shot for many years, it is boarded by quite a large shoot so a number of birds use the unworked land and thick hedges every season.
Ideal Spaniel ground with nee length grass, plenty of thick cover to work the dog in, at 2 1/2 Chip has picked up a vast range of quarry, however we come across pheasants on every bit of ground I take him.

With woodcock thin on the ground we both agreed they were off the shooting list, there were only 2 that flushed with Chip inhaling the sent where it was sitting...

My turn this time to be in the bung hole as we walked around, my friend shot 3 which Chip pushed his way and what is on the tail gate fell to my gun....
006_zps1jy39wfv.jpg

Tim.243

Smashing bag Tim and great work with young Chip, he seems to be working out a treat and is sooo cute to boot :love:

Smashing bag Tim and great work with young Chip, he seems to be working out a treat and is sooo cute to boot :love:

Thanks Tim, Had him with me last night on the foreshore, nailed a couple of fast widgeon. The river was far to rough so we waited until dark and the tide had gone out with him picking them up off the flats.

Tim.243

He's a good looking chap, you must be proud of him Tim!
Mind you, with his head cocked to one side like it is in the photo I would love to know what he was thinking then, maybe something like - "Forget the photo pal, I want my dinner and a nice warm spot in front of the fire so will you please stop messing with that camera and get me home"!:rofl:

He's a good looking chap, you must be proud of him Tim!
Mind you, with his head cocked to one side like it is in the photo I would love to know what he was thinking then, maybe something like - "Forget the photo pal, I want my dinner and a nice warm spot in front of the fire so will you please stop messing with that camera and get me home"!:rofl:

Thank you Pete, that is his look when I say...(are we going out) then the spinning around starts, followed by more spinning then skidding around on the wood floor....

Tim.243

Cant beat a great day out with your companion, seeing him work and shooting a few for the pot.... Priceless

Back