Vortex Talon Binos

Harry mac

I'm seriously thinking of getting a pair of Vortex Talon 8x42 to be my main stalking binos, but I'm always put off by phrases like "excellent for the price", which seems like faint praise.
Are these Vortex binos good in their own right as a stand alone pair of binoculars?
Has anyone on here got first hand experience of this model?

Hi,

I have a pair of Vortex Talon HD 10x42 for three years now and I’m very happy with them.

The glass is great in all conditions, the weight, balance and ergonomics have been though through and just work.

They’re robust and worth every penny, backed with a great warranty, I wouldn’t want another pair.

If I had to pick a fault, the objective lens covers can slip off if you’re heavy handed with them.

Hope it helps?

I have a pair, I really rate them, The difference between these and the £100 bins is massive, way more massive than between the talons and top end swaros IMO... You get diminishing returns spending money on bins I think. Buy them, you won't be disappointed.

I looked through a pair recently and compared them to my geovids , I honestly couldn't see any difference but it was during the day ,they are crystal clear , I was actually thinking of buying a pair just to keep in the the van ,

Back