Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aberdeenshire New Member

Aberdeenshire New Member

Hi All,

I have moved to near Aboyne, and am just looking to meet folks and get out.

Bit about myself-

I grew up shooting from young age(9) down in Yorkshire, my dad was fairly keen on driven game and rough shooting, which carried over to me and my brother. My brother became an underkeeper near Hull when I was about 14 and so I spent a fair amount of time traveling up to his vermin shooting and helping out with the shoot.

I'm now in my late 20's and currently have a shotgun certificate, but I am looking towards getting a .22LR or .17HMR. As I have always been pretty keen on rifles but ever needed my own as I always had access to go out with other people and use theirs.

I am facing the age old challenge of a new area and trying to find people and places to shoot, so would welcome anyone nearby who needs a hand holding a lamp or even help around a farm, or estate in exchange for the occasional permission to control the vermin.

My partner has just taken a position on an estate here, but not got around to meeting the keeper here yet, waiting for a chance to introduce myself, always feels a little cheeky.

Hope all is well and looking forward to hopefully getting out soon, maybe meeting a few folks.

Nice part of the world you are in. Had some good days stalking on Glen Tanar. Welcome to the site

Aye aye, I too live very near to Aboyne. Some cracking folk around this way. Off work for a while shortly, feel free to give me a shout for a cuppa.

Welcome Sam,

Some nice deerstalking countryside around Deeside.

I hear that, hopefully after I have met a few folks and got out I will work my way up to having a look at the deer. Have always fancied it but the opportunity hasnt arisen yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Malxwal View Post
    Aye aye, I too live very near to Aboyne. Some cracking folk around this way. Off work for a while shortly, feel free to give me a shout for a cuppa.
    Great, I will drop you a PM, I work freelance all over, so have lots of time free at the min as its one of my quiet periods at the moment gearing up for a busy winter.

You are in the right place. lots of good advice here

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses