Thread: Remington differences

Established Poster
    North Lanarkshire, the land that Summer forgot.

Remington differences

I'm on the look out for a .223 and have seen 2 Remingtons along with CZ 527 (might be sold). The Remingtons are both 700 but one is a ADL and the other is a PSS.

I've looked on here and google to find out the differences in the 2 models but cannot seem to find anything...........

The PSS is one of the many variants of the standard 700. The ADL is a lesser cost model of 700 once made with a blind magazine: In other words, no detachable floor plate. Some people snub the ADLs but I have had no problem with them. (Other than the fact they are Remingtons!)~Muir

Remington model numbers are ADL, BDL, CDL etc. PSS is a Plastic Stainless Steel (PSS) geddit?

Best remingtons are older BDL, CDL and mountain rilfes ~(detachable magazines) IMHO. I would buy the CZ and I have a Remmy 700 and a CZ and Ruger.

Just think the yanks are going downhill fast. I have ruger M77 Mk2 in 223 if you want to make me an offer, trigger tuned and floated barrel other then that standard.

Your mate choc won a watch with the CZ he has just obtained.

loverly rifle

One the cabinet now, A .223 heavy barrel PSS, puts bullet on top of bullet at 200 yds. no plastic... no stainless.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Established Poster
    North Lanarkshire, the land that Summer forgot.
    I've ended up with a very good condition Tikka Continental M595.

Lancs / Cumbria Border
    Basically all the Rem 700 models are the same (in terms of action, extractor, ejector, bolt and trigger)

ADL - blind box mag, no floor plate

BDL - internal mag with floor plate.

PSS - "Police Sharp Shooter" - floor plate (BDL) mag system with HS Precision or Bell & Carlson stock also has two bipod studs in forend - found in 223, 243, 308 and 338 only.

CDL - has deluxe stock

Mountain rifle - lighter stock and detach mag.

VSSF - "Varmint stainless steel fluted" - varmint fluted barrel, stainless action.

Sendero - heavy barrel, HS / Bell carlson stock, long range rifle.

There are more varients now but the above are what springs to mind immediately.

Also VLS (varmint laminated stainless)

LTR (Light tactical rifle)

POS (Piece of s.....) (only kidding!)

Quote Originally Posted by zaitsev View Post

POS (Piece of s.....) (only kidding!)

thats the one i paid the deposit on the other day - it was actually a vssf ii but wouldnt group for toffee with 4 types of ammo, 2 stocks, 2 sets mounts - 3 hours of my life wasted. i now have found something else.....