quickload

geoffrey

Hi All, after watching a few youtube video's i an considering buying a copy of Quickload but before i order a copy could any member please have a look and check that it contains loading data for 8x57JRS calibre.

Thanks, Geoff,

Quickload gives pressures for loadings of powders under specific bullets, which you must enter for a calculation.
So does Sierra's software.

I load for a 1920s combination gun in 8x57JRS, an 1888 Commission Mauser in 8x57I (.318 bore), and several 8x57JR military rifles and sporting rifles. There are quite a few hunters here with 8x57JRS drillings, so all you need to do is ask for loads or load suggestions for specific bullets or weights and / or powders.

Norma has loads of the 8x57IR and 8x57IRS online, downloadable as PDF files.www.norma.cc/en/Ammunition-Academy/Loading-Data/8x57-JRS
Reloading Data; 8x57 JRS; Download pdf

The IR loads are about at the starting loads for the 8x57 Mauser modern bolt action loads.

VV also has loads for the 8x57IRS online in its downloadable data.
http://www.vihtavuori.com/en/reloading-data/rifle-reloading/8-x-57-irs.html

The Lee load data which comes with their dies gives pressures for starting and max loads with all kinds of powders, and factors for estimating what the MV and pressures will be at reductions from maximum loads. If you don't use Lee Dies, I can scan that data sheet and send it to you.

What bullets are you wanting to shoot, and what powders do you have at your disposal?

Last edited:
Hi southern thanks for your reply,

The bullet i want to shoot is a Sierra spitzer 8mm .323dia 175gn Pro hunter, the powders available are N140 - H414 - H4831

Cheers Geoff

Hi sauer90

Perhaps what i should have asked is does Quickload show 8x57JRS in its calibre drop down menu Cheers geoff

Back