Which Utility vehicle?

Boarboy

Looking for some recommendations on mule type utility vehicles? We used to have a kawasaki mule 3010 but have since sold and now looking into another one, not necessarily kawasaki but want to see what is out there before committing to anything. I need reliability, as it will be worked everyday on a sheep farm, feeding, moving round bales, towing a trailer, doing a daily 5 mile round trip. Plus a few deer in the back!

Looking for some recommendations on mule type utility vehicles? We used to have a kawasaki mule 3010 but have since sold and now looking into another one, not necessarily kawasaki but want to see what is out there before committing to anything. I need reliability, as it will be worked everyday on a sheep farm, feeding, moving round bales, towing a trailer, doing a daily 5 mile round trip. Plus a few deer in the back!

Had a 3010. Very expensive for servicing and spares, underpowered too. Constantly had fuel problems which was probably my own fault. Sold it and bought an ex mod vehicle.

If you are looking to buy new then let the sales reps earn their money, get a few out on demo and see how they each one fits your needs.

The advice about using local dealers is good. Small things like having all four wheels and tyres the same is useful, the rear wheels do most of the driving but the fronts wear much more quickly so it makes sense if you can keep putting new tyres on the back and moving the part worn ones to front. I couldn't do this with the Gator.

Also, ask advice from people who actually pay for the repairs and maintenance, often estate users are very happy with the kit they are given but have no idea of the long term costs which are often very high. Polaris machines come to mind here.

They are all very useful but very expensive compared to other types of vehicle.

Thanks for the replies. I have a kawasaki dealer very close, but as said have had a kawasaki before. John deere aren't too far away. We run a jd tractor, and support has always been good. But then never had a single problem with the tractor!

Have a Kubota and a Polaris,the Kubota is more a of a heavt duty workhorse,will last for years but very slow road speed the Polaris is the opposite,very quick on th eroad but really just a quad reconfigured to a sit in.

We have had a JD Gator for a couple of years, really pleased with it.

We tried several of the lead players before buying and the Gator was leagues ahead, faster better ride, and refinement with good dealer backup.

Ours is in use daily and not one thing has gone wrong with yet.

Like almost everything they all have there fauts and if u cut all the good bits out each type and put it into 1 u would have a decent motor.

A lot of boys round here have polarisis but tend to need a lot of bushes etc replaced, the gators used to lose traction if the belt drive got wet, ie throu a 6" deep burn with a stee slope on far side, think that problem has been fixed now thou.
Quite a few farmers have got rid of them altogether as too dear to run and also too heavy for the wet ground in this area.

Get a few out and sit in them and see wot u think

Looking for some recommendations on mule type utility vehicles? it will be worked everyday on a sheep farm, feeding, moving round bales, towing a trailer, doing a daily 5 mile round trip. !

Utility Type vehicle ie ATV / Mule

On a sheep farm ( most corrosive **** ever)
Moving round bales
Towing a trailer
5 mile daily road trip
images

Loader with a trailer

Back