Thread: It always seems to happen to "The good guys"!

It always seems to happen to "The good guys"!

As per the title, s**t always seems to happen to the good guys in life!
    I've just had a phone call from my sister in law to tell me that my older brother Mick (Who I am very close to) was rushed into hospital last night after suffering a stroke. He had lung cancer a few years ago and had to have a lung removed. He was making a great recovery and planned to go to Australia with his wife (Jean) for some R&R but just a couple of days before they were due to fly out Jean collapsed on the driveway at their home with an anurism(sp) on the brain. Jean made a full and good recovery and they eventually got their holiday a year later.
    Now Jean has just phoned to tell me that Mick was rushed in last night after having a stroke and they are concerned that there is a potentially serious problem with his heart.
    To say that I am worried is an understatement right now!
    Why do these sort of things always seem to happen to the good guys?

not good FB.

the good guys.

lost my dad to the big C and he was the best of the best, worked 6 night shifts and 6 day shifts a week to feed and look after 7 kids on his own in Scotland from around 1965 until 1978,

lost grandad a few years back . solid as a rock founder of the family business and a ex Japanese POW. heart of gold and a chip on his shoulder with anything made in japan,

brother in law (great bloke and taught me all I know about Ham radio and electronics) has just had a heart attack and then they found cancer in his throat. sister (his wife ) took ill with worry and they have taken her into hospital suffering from pleurisy in her left lung. all in the last few weeks.

just a few of the good guys.

seems I may be around for a long time,

Last edited by bobjs; 12-12-2015 at 16:58.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Sorry to hear your news FB. It does seem to be those who add value to life who suffer and not those who take from it. I sincerely hope he recovers completely.

Sorry to hear of your sad news, there certainly does not seem to be any justice out there. Wishing your brother a speedy recovery.All the best,Jim.

Terrible news, and as you so rightly say "It always happens to the good guys". Lost a great many good men over the years who I lived and worked with. Time is a great healer,but right now it will not seem that way. God bless and hopefully a speedy and safe return to normality.
    Honour all men, Love the Brotherhood, Fear God, Honour the Queen.

Keep the Faith.