Thread: Duck/Ostriches

When I go out every day I cross the river Avon and each time I cross, no matter what time of day, there is a duck in the water just over the bridge.
    Well I say a duck, but it is two halves really, they have always got their heads under the freezing cold water.
    Are they related to Ostriches, do they hear me coming and try to hide or are they permanently hungry and want me to see that, hoping that I will take pity on them and bring them some Christmas cake
    They would certainly be safe from the duck shooters as I don't think anybody would want to take a Bum shot even though they are sitting ducks

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    You sure its not a decoy?
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by teyhan1 View Post
    You sure its not a decoy?
    Well I do look away and look back quick to try and catch them out but as soon as I turn my head back they dive down again so if they are decoys the decoyer must be watching me too