Micro chipping working dogs

Kai

Does anyone know if the new law coming in soon about microchipping dogs includes working dogs or its just pet dogs ?

Don't know the exact month but early 2016. Average price I think now is £10 however when it comes compulsory I reckon it will probably double if not more.

Don't know the exact month but early 2016. Average price I think now is £10 however when it comes compulsory I reckon it will probably double if not more.

From the 6th of April 2016, all dogs must be microchipped and registered to an approved database by the time they are 8 weeks old.

But do all dogs have to be chipped by then? Or just dogs born after then?
I thought scotland was a year earlier than Eng with this?

Not even sure which of my dogs is chipped or not. Got 1 done for free but sure its a different database thing to some of the others.
Know my spaniel is still in the previous owners name and i've had him about 7 or 8 years

Ignoring it is an option I suppose. But I can see that if your dog goes AWOL and is picked up by the council or handed in as a stray to the council, that might cause you problems. I suppose if it's an elderly dog, that might not arise, but on the basis that if you break the law for long enough, eventually you'll come a cropper.

Whatever next? A dog licence for 38 1/2p or whatever it was?

Better to be Safe Than Sorry.
The Reason the powers that be Done Away with the Dog Licence Was Nobody was bothering to buy one and it was too expensive to run the process.
My Dogs are both done and Touch Hairy Wood there will be no problems.

Back