Munk jac

I split the fillet so not too thick then show it the pan with a little oil hmmmm ..melts in yr mouth

Last edited:
Havent tried munk jac fillet, but I cook up a mean muntfish tail.

Usually cook it 'Chinese-cajun' style. Or as some would say, 'brackened'....

Last edited:
So the OP spelt Muntjac wrong .. is that such a crime??
How about one or two of you give the chap some guidance instead of using him for your weekly **** take?

Cut into nice thick steaks. Salt, oil surface of meat v lightly

Get heavy non-stick skillet or pan very very hot. Like smoking

Put in pan, still on maximum heat

Turn after 15 seconds

Turn after 15 seconds

Keep turning after 15 seconds for about 2 mins total

Your steaks are now really seared on the outside, fully caramelised and the meat in the centre is effectively raw.

After cooking, allow to rest for 5/10 mins somewhere warm if you want to eat as is, OR cook on a low heat for a bit to cook a bit more in the middle before resting, or pop the whole pan into a hot oven for a few mins, or make a sauce in the pan and use the hot sauce to cook the meat for a min or two. Any blood that runs out from the steaks while resting goes back into the sauce.

Do not overcook (repeat to self x1000). Better to still be completely raw in the middle (as far as I'm concerned perfectly edible and this is how I do my steak) than cooked right through.

Salt and pepper meat after cooking (salt again to taste, pepper after cooking as it stops it burning on the pan - this is just me, but I'm old and set in my ways)

I often use packets of Norwegian hunter powder stuff to make the sauces - great cheat, just add what you want (cream, sautéed mushrooms, home-made fruit jelly, etc).

Serve with a green veg and mashed spuds (or mash something else like swede, or swede/carrot, or even one sweet potato to a couple of regular ones is surprisingly nice - all made with cream and butter of course)

Dinner to die for in twenty mins.

Why do we have people who take the rise out of people who misspell on here. We do not all have degrees in English, me included.

What people fail to realise is that many people are Dyslexic and have problems spelling or reading. SO before you take the rise out of people bare that in mind PLEASE. :rolleyes:

Back