Scottish weather for May !!!!!

bigtedzzr

I was out last night on a patch of ground I stalk on and boy was the weather strange I was there on Sunday and it was beautifull but last night it snowed Whats going on I thought it was global warming.Karl

Attachments

• Blackhills 009.jpg
    Blackhills 009.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Blackhills 012.jpg
    Blackhills 012.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 53
The hailstones were really stinging yesterday, I hate hail it not only makes you wet but it hurts as well. There was a mighty frost this morning but it went early as the sun got up. It's a real bugger this global warming innit' :D

John

Don't you understadning budget cuts - previous government didn't pay the heating bill so we have snow in May.

Weather must not be devolved as I'm in Northern Ireland and I was out walking on Monday and it snowed, it hailed on me yesterday, it is freezing cold all day every day and so on. I've tried leaving my gas guzzling 4X4 running at night when I park it in the garage as the great prophets of the one true green religion ensure me that is causing things to heat up, it hasn't made any difference though so I think they must be wrong.

In saying that the last date I ever fished in snow was 18th May and it was a good deep fall of snow. It was a lovely sunny day and I remember lying on my back in the snow with the sun heating my face, pretty surreal really. I also spent a May week in the Hebrides for trout some years back and it snowed every day, I don't think I had a single fish.

Karl,

How far north is the ground. I'm going up to Dumfrieshire this weekend and am now wondering what clothes to pack !!!

Cheers,

Bob

Back