Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stalkers generosity

Stalkers generosity

I think this deserves a bit of recognition, well done Davie.

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Now that is a bloody good idea....
    well done that man
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Full marks - a brilliant initiative
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Good idea. I read the other day of some game birds from a syndicate day going to a food bank as well. Slightly surprised that its been accepted but very pleased.

Fantastic idea, well done to those involved. Could make some much needed positive PR for shooting too.
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY

Quote Originally Posted by howa243 View Post
    Good idea. I read the other day of some game birds from a syndicate day going to a food bank as well. Slightly surprised that its been accepted but very pleased.
    ive often wondered why this isnt done more the value of a pheasant still in feather especialy at this time of year is virtualy next to nothing and with very little training and equipment people could be shown how to prepare a bird ready for the table, ok they would have to help themselves a bit and pluck and draw the bird but the opertunity would be there for those willing to do it and the shooting comunity would be seen in a better light by the public, especialy the bigger estates who would have the most to offer as its the bigger estates who get the most flack from people with there big bag days.

Good story in the news, for a change!

In the USA, there are state-level groups like Virginia Hunters for the Hungry, which provide butchered and wrapped venison and sausages to church kitchens and directly to families. If you shoot a deer and have no place in the freezer for it, you can take it to one of their processors, who will skin and butcher it. And you can just donate some cash to pay the butchers a bit, so they are not doing the lion's share of work for free, and pay for transportation and storage. It's a great thing in many ways, and certainly makes a great many people and charity workers ( who tend to be politically liberal ) appreciate what hunting was originally all about.

As it is not lawful to sell dead wild geese, could they be donated to a food bank?

Good on ya davie ''hope ya didn't lamp them though!!!'' Lol
    All the best my friend
    All pull together to raise the phoenix from the ashe