Wanted: Wanted - Stalking in New Forest Area (August)

Willie

I am on Holiday in my motorhome in the New Forest Area (Black Knowl Caravan Site) on 5th to 8th of August 2010 and the wife has allowed me off for 1 day morning/evening stalking. Would like to include muntjac if possible as I have never stalked them before, with AW witnessing for DMQ level 2.

Any recommendations?
Thanks Willie

I believe IanF on here has stalking around that area, certinally very good feedback from this site members who have put an article on here.

TJ

lwcdart also has land in that area and may be able to help you out. Try dropping him a pm...

Pippa

+1 for lwcdart

I've been down to his ground twice and had a great time both times. Great land, lots of deer and a very nice bloke to boot. Oops...almost forget to mention the superb breakfast at the local hostelry ;)

willie_gunn

If you need an AW, then try Nick Berridge Sharp, he frequently takes people out on the Newhouse Estate (lwcdart's patch) as well as his other land, lwcdart is not AW... There should be plenty of fallow seeing as it's the start of the season though there's no guarantee that you won't just see does :doh:, there aren't that many muntjac around, but they are there - I've been lucky enough to shoot 2.

Back